i know Boyz N The Hood came out 25 years ago but this movie lowkey got me fukked up

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also, why the fukk didn't ricky hit some slants/football routes when the shooter pulled up? the nikka literally ran straight back smh

Dude was shook as fukk once the shotgun point at him that kinda froze him and ran for his life, he didn't have time to think how should he run.

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
The good that came from the movies is they allowed us to tell our stories. We were the ones deciding how we would be portrayed. At one point it wasn't possible for John Singleton or Spike Lee to make these movies. You look back at the same era and we also were getting movies like House Party, Meteor Man, Do the Right Thing, and Poetic Justice. We were seeing all different types of black life. 20 years later all we have is slave movies, romantic comedies, and Kevin Hart buddy movies. Culturally I think we've regressed tbh

i agree as well. plenty of great black films that didn't have to do with the hood necessarily came out of it. i rather we have movies like Do The Right Thing, House Party, Meteor Man, etc then the bullshyt out now.

don't get me wrong i love black romantic comedies but i hate slave movies and kevin hart buddy movies :francis::francis:

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
True. That makes he hate Menace II Society that much more. It was all about glorifying that ignorant hood shyt, and trying to clown black power in any form :smh:

i agree but at least Menace II Society had a positive character like Sharif. Sharif was great and i just like how he was trying to stop his homeboys from being ignorant c00ns.

i still hate that Sharif got killed when he was innocent fam :francis::francis:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
i agree as well. plenty of great black films that didn't have to do with the hood necessarily came out of it. i rather we have movies like Do The Right Thing, House Party, Meteor Man, etc then the bullshyt out now.

don't get me wrong i love black romantic comedies but i hate slave movies and kevin hart buddy movies :francis::francis:
I don't mind the romantic comedies either. I just find it hilarious how predictable the cast usually is. You can guarantee its gonna be some combination of Gabrielle Union, Morris Chestnut, Regina Hall, Michael Ealy, Sanaa Lathan, etc.

Oh yea and Kevin Hart is in those too:mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
i agree but at least Menace II Society had a positive character like Sharif. Sharif was great and i just like how he was trying to stop his homeboys from being ignorant c00ns.

i still hate that Sharif got killed when he was innocent fam :francis::francis:

At least Furious Styles ain't get clapped. Sharif getting clapped is a subliminal message that black power deserves to die, in the eyes of the hood folk.

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
I don't mind the romantic comedies either. I just find it hilarious how predictable the cast usually. You can guarantee its gonna be some combination of Gabrielle Union, Morris Chestnut, Regina Hall, Michael Ealy, Sanaa Lathan, etc.

yeah and another thing is that we need more fresh young black talent on the movie screens :yeshrug::yeshrug:

i would love to see new black actors and actresses shine like Michael B Jordan :ehh::ehh::ehh:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
I don't mind the romantic comedies either. I just find it hilarious how predictable the cast usually. You can guarantee its gonna be some combination of Gabrielle Union, Morris Chestnut, Regina Hall, Michael Ealy, Sanaa Lathan, etc.

they been in every movie we ever had :mjlol:

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
minus a few scenes, cuba was terrible in that movie :mjlol:

tumblr_mqpld0wfav1rwazoko1_400.gif

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
At least Furious Styles ain't get clapped. Sharif getting clapped is a subliminal message that black power deserves to die, in the eyes of the hood folk.

The Hughes brothers wanted Sharif to be a gangbanging muslim, but then switched the character around. Pac even talked about it tho

i bet the Hughes Brothers ain't step in the hood a day in their lives. also they know damn well that NOI or Muslims in general ain't on that gangbanging shyt. :stopitslime::stopitslime:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The Hughes brothers wanted Sharif to be a gangbanging muslim, but then switched the character around. Pac even talked about it tho

i bet the Hughes Brothers ain't step in the hood a day in their lives. also they know damn well that NOI or Muslims in general ain't on that gangbanging shyt. :stopitslime::stopitslime:

Hughes Bros. are c00ns. No wonder Pac wanted them gone from movie making.