i know Boyz N The Hood came out 25 years ago but this movie lowkey got me fukked up

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
you really thought cuba was good in that movie? i thought he was cringeworthy :heh:

look at the entire fukkin barbecue scene. dude was corny as fukk from the minute he walked in :mjlol:

shyt, i would say that 10 year old tre had a better fukkin performance than cuba :ehh:

Its really a perspective thing. Cuba was instrumental in making Boyz the classic movie that it is. His role represented a lot of young black men who aren't swagged out or gangsta but are faced with the option to retaliate when their loved one is killed. Being corny doesn't prevent you from becoming a shooter.

He did a good job.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its really a perspective thing. Cuba was instrumental in making Boyz the classic movie that it is. His role represented a lot of young black men who aren't swagged out or gangsta but are faced with the option to retaliate when their loved one is killed. Being corny doesn't prevent you from becoming a shooter.

He did a good job.
:ehh: fair enough. i just dont think it was intentional :skip:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True. That makes he hate Menace II Society that much more. It was all about glorifying that ignorant hood shyt, and trying to clown black power in any form :smh:

I disagree. Hughes Brothers have said they were influenced by Scorcese, most specifically Goodfellas. Basically they weren't glorifying or condemning the hood or the characters in the film, just showing it for what it was the same way Scorcese depicted the mobster lifestyle. I appreciate Boyz N the Hood for being unapologetic in its message but I also appreciate Menace for choosing to not be didactic.

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
I disagree. Hughes Brothers have said they were influenced by Scorcese, most specifically Goodfellas. Basically they weren't glorifying or condemning the hood or the characters in the film, just showing it for what it was the same way Scorcese depicted the mobster lifestyle. I appreciate Boyz N the Hood for being unapologetic in its message but I also appreciate Menace for choosing to not be didactic.

:ohhh::ohhh:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
At least Furious Styles ain't get clapped. Sharif getting clapped is a subliminal message that black power deserves to die, in the eyes of the hood folk.
Eh, it was more about watch the company you keep, remember he got beat up by the police with Caine

Caine was his downfall

Last edited:
Daps
At this too, pretty sure he wasn't in jail from 10 to 17, that party was just his coming home party for his recent jail stint, that beginning scene at 10 of him stealing was just to show the path he was going to go down

Or he could've went to Juvi and then prison

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Sometimes I pretend Menace is actually a sequel to Boyz and that Sharif was so impacted by the big dude giving Doughboy the football back that he changed his ways and became a Muslim
Wouldnt make sense cuz Shariff wouldve been like 9 years older.

The scene where he took the ball was set in 1984

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
I like that Lawrence Fishburne said, "you can raise him, but you can't teach him how to be a man".

Men y'all really need to be raising y'all kids as the head of the household, rather than tryna be peers:wow:

this is why i love the film, for the gems Furious dropped :wow::wow: