i know Boyz N The Hood came out 25 years ago but this movie lowkey got me fukked up

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
nikkas in the 90s thought everything could them AIDS
the only reason they thought crack heads had aids was because they were skinny

man didn't nikkas in the '90s thought AIDS was just a disease gay people got :mjlol::mjlol:

man the hood must have been shook when they heard Magic got HIV back in '92-'93 or when Eazy died in '95 :merchant::merchant:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Call y'all bytches cause that's what y'all are" line was some other shyt to me too, certain shyt makes your spidey senses tingle but you're a kid so you keep fukkin with it

it wasnt till recently i found out that the hughes brothers are biracial with a white mom...and they made sure to include that line calling black women bytches...:mjpls:

jz9s3t.jpg

edit: they did menace, but still found i weird that these two were responsible for pushing some of the worst stereotypes of blacks in film

Last edited:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
ive said it before but im starting to think these hood movies were part of massive social engineering program. :francis:

:patrice:

The only thing I will say about hood movies is they started off as introspective and retrospective then as studios seen money could be made, they started to delved into caricatures of the hood, movies like State Property, I Got the Hook Up, etc