I just re-watched The Amazing Spider-Man and..

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The basketball scene, the warehouse skateboarding scene and the crane-swing-path scene at the end are awful. Just the worst.

And the story was clearly butchered to preserve key details for future installments. All that buildup about Peter's parents and it went absolutely nowhere.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
As people already said it had a better all around cast maybe but wasn't as good as 1 and 2. I liked Toby's Parker and I liked Franco too. Hopefully this next one is better.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
He took his mask off too much for me :manny:

This is what has always irked me about all the Spiderman movies. I would of thought the new franchise wouldn't do it but they still doing the same ish. The whole NYC knows who he is. That is so wack to me.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
This is what has always irked me about all the Spiderman movies. I would of thought the new franchise wouldn't do it but they still doing the same ish. The whole NYC knows who he is. That is so wack to me.

I hate it too...but to be fair, they are basing this movie off the Ultimate Spiderman comic. And in that comic practically all the villains know he's Spiderman because his mask came off ALL THE TIME.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watched it da first tyme n thought it was ok .. but the fact everyone knows who da f spiderman is annoyed the shyt out of me ..

the kid is better in the role then that other whiteboi tho

watched it again a second time n it was terrible .. raimi version apart from the last 1, shyt all over this ,...:shaq2:

plus that costume just looked like a cheap outfit sum geek could pick up at a comic store lol ..def wasnt ond a level of the other version :pachaha:

built in spider web slings ?? makes no sense

he got all the skills n talents of a spider but he cant produce the webbin lmao

terrible cant blieeve this shyt got extended fo a few mo films :rip:

they better throw venom n carnage in this next version n do him sum justice ..i dont wanna see green goblin , dr octpus etc

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps

Same. Spiderman TAS> all :whoo:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Apparently the chick playing Mary Jane has been cut from the sequel. Hopefully she's recast for Parts 3 and 4

1361890241_shailene-woodley-red-hair-467.jpg

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
The basketball scene, the warehouse skateboarding scene and the crane-swing-path scene at the end are awful. Just the worst.

And the story was clearly butchered to preserve key details for future installments. All that buildup about Peter's parents and it went absolutely nowhere.

Don't forget throwing a football hard enough to bend the uprights, in front of a gang of people no less

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Funny I JUST got through watching the original Raimi Spiderman and was thinking about this myself.....

The thing is this, I feel that the Raimi versions (specifically 1 & 2) had more HEART to them than the reboot. The reboot had all the ingredients of what should make a classic spidey film, a great lead actor (Andrew Garfield was great in Social Network and Never Let Me Go) a script more in tune with the comics (Mechanical web shooters, Gwen Stacey being the "Girl Next Door" High School crush, etc.) but it just all felt kind of flat in the end. I really didn't care for Smart aleck Peter Parker or his crush on Gwen Stacy and I felt like the Uncle Ben's death was rushed and done pretty horribly..

In contrast Spider Man 1 & 2 just had alot of heart to it. Tobey really embodied his version of Peter Parker to the fullest. Uncle Ben and Aunt May FELT like a real married couple who were in love and wanted the best for Peter. I FELT that scene where Uncle Ben dies and Peter races off to chase down the car, fully realizing for the first time through his pain and grief that his powers are meant for something more. And even though I find Kristen Dunst UGLY as all hell and a TERRIBLE representation of Mary Jane (who is supposed to embody physical CAC excellence) I found that her and Tobey's chemistry really carried the franchise. Also you geet the feeling that James Franco's Harry and Tobey's Peter could have really been friends, there was a comradeship between them that was just natural.

In short, I didn't hate the reboot, there were things about it that were good, but the entire film just felt set up for something better, like I had the feeling all along that the second movie in the new franchise would really get things going, which isn't how your supposed to be feeling while watching the current film. The "mystery" surrounding Peter's parents should have been further detailed in THIS film instead of used as sequel bait.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Funny I JUST got through watching the original Raimi Spiderman and was thinking about this myself.....

The thing is this, I feel that the Raimi versions (specifically 1 & 2) had more HEART to them than the reboot. The reboot had all the ingredients of what should make a classic spidey film, a great lead actor (Andrew Garfield was great in Social Network and Never Let Me Go) a script more in tune with the comics (Mechanical web shooters, Gwen Stacey being the "Girl Next Door" High School crush, etc.) but it just all felt kind of flat in the end. I really didn't care for Smart aleck Peter Parker or his crush on Gwen Stacy and I felt like the Uncle Ben's death was rushed and done pretty horribly..

In contrast Spider Man 1 & 2 just had alot of heart to it. Tobey really embodied his version of Peter Parker to the fullest. Uncle Ben and Aunt May FELT like a real married couple who were in love and wanted the best for Peter. I FELT that scene where Uncle Ben dies and Peter races off to chase down the car, fully realizing for the first time through his pain and grief that his powers are meant for something more. And even though I find Kristen Dunst UGLY as all hell and a TERRIBLE representation of Mary Jane (who is supposed to embody physical CAC excellence) I found that her and Tobey's chemistry really carried the franchise. Also you geet the feeling that James Franco's Harry and Tobey's Peter could have really been friends, there was a comradeship between them that was just natural.

In short, I didn't hate the reboot, there were things about it that were good, but the entire film just felt set up for something better, like I had the feeling all along that the second movie in the new franchise would really get things going, which isn't how your supposed to be feeling while watching the current film. The "mystery" surrounding Peter's parents should have been further detailed in THIS film instead of used as sequel bait.

A lot of this is true. Tobey seemed so geeky and his emotions seemed very real.

when aunt may said "youre not superman you know" :ohlawd:

but these sequels might make us look back at the reboot and appreciate it :lupe2: