i just noticed there is racism in The Godfather

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that peer pressure :blessed:

but really though i kind of felt the same way. i was content with just getting the references in pop culture and having seen bits and pieces without sitting down and watching the entire thing. im not a big fan of films before the 80s so im not well versed in them but these are great, especially number 2, Robert put his foot all the way in that one. you'll like it

De Niro in part 2:wow:

SithLawd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Italians been on that:mjpls: to the max.
Its because they're the euros with the most african blood so they go extra:mjpls: to separate themselves.
The most offensive thing you can call an Italian is a guinea, a reference to their roots form the guinea coast.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
To accurately portray a time period you have to include all aspects of said period and subject matter. Racism was everywhere and lets not forget the time period is the late 40s and early 50s in the Godfather.....lynchings were still common let alone any other seriously messed up shyt.

Daps
Italians and white people in general are racist as fukk knowingly and unknowingly. But probably knowingly but not wanting to be called racist even though they are racist. Plus these Italian mobsters are racist as fukk and this is during the 40s/50s when racism was open and accepted.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Lol I stick by my statement.

And you say you've seen better yet you've never seen them. That's just as bad as @Emperor_ReinScarf saying young justice is the greatest superhero cartoon ever without seeing batman the animated series.

giphy.gif