i just noticed there is racism in The Godfather

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
IDK something tells me i would find the godfather to be kinda boring, too many subplots and story too large and bloated.... i just have that gut feeling like its a waste of time... I loved goodfellas, a bronx tale, the untouchables, its just something about the godfather thats.....:ld: to me... tbh i'm more of a scifi guy myself...

Too many subplots? Breh it's a relatively straightforward story. Just because it's an epic doesn't mean it's got a lot of subplots. And everything about it comes together

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IDK something tells me i would find the godfather to be kinda boring, too many subplots and story too large and bloated.... i just have that gut feeling like its a waste of time... I loved goodfellas, a bronx tale, the untouchables, its just something about the godfather thats.....:ld: to me... tbh i'm more of a scifi guy myself...
It may or may not be for you but judging it as not being as good as something else when you don't really know how good it is doesn't make sense. I'm a sci-fi guy as well and my complaint isn't about the godfather in particular. I would be making the same argument if someone said they never saw Terminator and dismissed the idea of seeing it because they had "seen better time travel movies".

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It may or may not be for you but judging it as not being as good as something else when you don't really know how good it is doesn't make sense. I'm a sci-fi guy as well and my complaint isn't about the godfather in particular. I would be making the same argument if someone said they never saw Terminator and dismissed the idea of seeing it because they had "seen better time travel movies".

That's where I came at it from. It's one thing to say something is better its another to have not experienced that thing you're saying it's better than

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Some of yall fukkin idiots. First read the damn books then get angry. Act like northeastern italians arent racist as fukk towards EVERYONE even their own damn country mates

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The fukk kinda shyt is this? Something tells you that you won't like it? Godfather 1 and 2 are like the Sistine chapel in cinematic form, an artistic masterpiece. You're literally basing your opinion on nothing.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:comeon: i'll give it a try, jesus...
that peer pressure :blessed:

but really though i kind of felt the same way. i was content with just getting the references in pop culture and having seen bits and pieces without sitting down and watching the entire thing. im not a big fan of films before the 80s so im not well versed in them but these are great, especially number 2, Robert put his foot all the way in that one. you'll like it