I just learned about the $90,000 Jeep Cherokee. Worth the price?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
For most people, once you get above $30-$35K for a new vehicle, it's just style, performance, and stunting preferences.

Why the fukk would you pay $90K to "stunt" in a vehicle that most people won't even recognize as expensive / luxury like that? What performance-oriented person drops $90K on a Jeep-branded SUV for performance?

I'd hope there's a very small market of rich Jeep enthusiasts.

People who know cars would notice it tho.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
This is just something non "car people" won't get. The jeep trackhawk is a specialty car built for a niche market of people that like the hellcat like performance but in a truck. There's a reason why Lamborghini brought back the "lambo-truck". There's a reason Porsche is making 4 different sport trucks. You can't apply "cars are dumb" logic to the specialty market.

I'm looking at getting the Jeep Wrangler with the 392 engine once it drops :ohlawd:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
This is just something non "car people" won't get. The jeep trackhawk is a specialty car built for a niche market of people that like the hellcat like performance but in a truck. There's a reason why Lamborghini brought back the "lambo-truck". There's a reason Porsche is making 4 different sport trucks. You can't apply "cars are dumb" logic to the specialty market.

I'm looking at getting the Jeep Wrangler with the 392 engine once it drops :ohlawd:

Wow I was just thinking about this shyt the other day

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
All cars won't become electric in our lifetime. And those old chargers and chevelles aren't collectible because of their horse power. A modern v6 has more horsepower than those old v8's did back in the day. They are collectible because they are rare and old muscle cars are considered cool due to their aesthetic design. Cherokee's are just more aerodynamic mini vans that they labeled as suv's. People will collect and pay as much for those as they do for an old astro van. a current challenger would be a more likely collectible in the future.

A Chevy Chevelle 454 SS has damn near 500hp. What modern V6 has 500hp and 500ftlbs of torque?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
A Chevy Chevelle 454 SS has damn near 500hp. What modern V6 has 500hp and 500ftlbs of torque?
That is one example, stop trolling. a 78 mustang V8 had only 133 hp. How many of those old school cars came with 500hp? you literally took the rarest exception possible and tried to play it like the norm. On average a v8 engine in the 60s and 70s was pushing between 200 and 300 hp.
A v6 nowadays does between 250 and 350 on average.