I just found out ALL those cities in New Jersey are right next to each other. Wtf?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
You don't think Palos Verdes and Compton are different? :dahell:

Even "similar" demographics like Inglewood and Long Beach, those cities are nothing alike if you've actually lived there. Come on now.
The comparison isn't really that good because those cities are smaller ones anchored by the 4M+ giant of LA, but his point seems to be how natives feel about it or can project.

A Compton native and Palos Verdes can claim LA in some way and wouldn't look at each other funny.

A Newarker can't claim Paterson, a Paterson native can't claim Elizabeth, an Elizabethean can't claim Jersey City without it being off.

But the missing ingredient is the 1M+ national scale city that these 100-300K cities would orbit around. Jersey doesn't have that because what our most densely populated county should be, is that city.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
New Jersey gets overlooked due to being close to NYC and Philly

The closeness of North Jersey makes it easy accessible to get to Manhattan

North Jersey also features some of the worst hoods in the country. Patterson, Newark, Irvington and Trenton.

South Jersey is Philly influenced. More spread out. Some places of South Jersey look very country.

Jersey as a state is very underrated

Ill do a New Jersey photography thread in the future.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The comparison isn't really that good because those cities are smaller ones anchored by the 4M+ giant of LA, but his point seems to be how natives feel about it or can project.

A Compton native and Palos Verdes can claim LA in some way and wouldn't look at each other funny.

A Newarker can't claim Paterson, a Paterson native can't claim Elizabeth, an Elizabethean can't claim Jersey City without it being off.

But the missing ingredient is the 1M+ national scale city that these 100-300K cities would orbit around. Jersey doesn't have that because what our most densely populated county should be, is that city.

Not sure what you're trying to say, cause someone in Palos Verdes can't claim Compton and someone in Compton can't claim Palos Verdes.

Newark and Paterson wouldn't claim each other, they both claim Jersey. The state of New Jersey = LA in your analogy.

Nighthawk

All Star
Daps
Damn is it really? I was just considering flying out of there instead of JFK for my next overseas trip
Don’t do it bruh. That air train is janky as hell too. Missed my flight cause it was malfunctioning. We was stuck in the middle of the rails for 20 minutes and before that, it was delaying like a mf. Mann fukk new jersey

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
history, those are all the same towns and roads back when the states were founded. Go look at fellways that intersection is a nightmare.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Newark, Patterson, Elizabeth etc all in like a 10 mile radius. :mjtf: Why df you nikkas act like it’s all some super different shyt. Y’all literally in the same area how different can each town be :why:
Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale and Tempe are all together too

If you are in that area you need to get yourself a Santillo Pizza

Just look at the menu and you will know you are about to experience an entire different world of pizza

Nighthawk

All Star
Daps
Don’t do it bruh. That air train is janky as hell too. Missed my flight cause it was malfunctioning. We was stuck in the middle of the rails for 20 minutes and before that, it was delaying like a mf. Mann fukk new jersey
worst airport food ever, and they ain’t even got any water fountains or nothing. Like damn bruh. I aint cheap but $5 for a 20 oz water bottle is crazy to me. I’m from the bay and sfo has purified water fountains in our airport. Matter of fact, we’re voted as one of the best airports in the country, if not, the best.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Shout out to nyc though. My whole time in new york was dope. Manhattan, the bronx, queens, long island. I see why they call it the greatest city in the world.
Yo my first time there by myself form Boston I didn’t get a room. Did 4 of the 5 borroughs in 36 hours and slept on the train. Recorded in some projects called Burnside I think in the Bronx

Went back 8 years later by car from
California. I lived out of my car for 2 weeks doing Doordash and Postmates while sleeping by the Hudson River parked by the out of town Uber drivers. When street sweeper came out cars started turning on and scattered like roaches

I pulled up the first night right next to the south end of Central Park and slept there before making my way to Brooklyn for a few days before havinh the courage to get bach into Manhattan

These are the experiences that will make my star shine brighter when I return to the great beyond

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Not sure what you're trying to say, cause someone in Palos Verdes can't claim Compton and someone in Compton can't claim Palos Verdes.

Newark and Paterson wouldn't claim each other, they both claim Jersey. The state of New Jersey = LA in your analogy.
I didn't say those opposing cities could claim each other. I'm saying there's no centralized large city that both of them could claim mutually without it being funny.

The state of New Jersey is not LA maybe other than an outsider talking shyt about us lol

Nighthawk

All Star
Daps
:ehh: thx for the praise... most often people just hate our city for no reason...
That’s wild. Y’all are lit out there. I’m from the bay and we got heavily gentrified by the tech industry and whatnots. New york took me back to the way the bay used to be in the nineties and early 2000’s when everybody used to be outside. Playing sports, kicking it, etc.