I just found out ALL those cities in New Jersey are right next to each other. Wtf?

StackBundles

Sohh Icey Blood Gang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Why is @HaitianPatty posting so much about NJ when he doesn’t know what he’s talking about? South Orange is the same as Irvington and Elizabeth? Huh? :what:
South orange is the weirdo rich liberals. Do is maplewood. Irvington is hood lol specially the areas next to Newark. No comparison between both.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Newark is way bigger. At one point in time irvington was a section of newark. I'd say the roughest parts of Irv and Newark border each other around Springfield and Grove. The rest of irv is more tame imo, theres alot of older black folk and alot of immigrant families. There's an obvious difference between Chancellor in Irv and when you cross over 78 going into the south ward. I think the income is a bit higher in Irv. Dont forget it borders Union, maplewood and hillside.
The Oranges were too. And Bloomfield, Belleville, Montclair and Glen Ridge (the latter 3 split up from Bloomfield). The Bricks supposed to be over 600K :wow:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
New Jersey gets overlooked due to being close to NYC and Philly

The closeness of North Jersey makes it easy accessible to get to Manhattan

North Jersey also features some of the worst hoods in the country. Patterson, Newark, Irvington and Trenton.

South Jersey is Philly influenced. More spread out. Some places of South Jersey look very country.

Jersey as a state is very underrated

Ill do a New Jersey photography thread in the future.

New Jersey agriculture is one of the best in the nation

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Isn’t Milwaukee the closest city to Chicago?

Yes, but I'm illustrating that a city that people consider "midwest" and "rust belt" along side Chicago is still 4 hours away. While Philly, NYC, Trenton, Baltimore and D.C are all within a 4 hour radius of each other...and that's not even really an accurate distance measurement. It would be even faster if not for population density.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Yes, but I'm illustrating that a city that people consider "midwest" and "rust belt" along side Chicago is still 4 hours away. While Philly, NYC, Trenton, Baltimore and D.C are all within a 4 hour radius of each other...and that's not even really an accurate distance measurement. It would be even faster if not for population density.
Yea the east coast is blessed for that in a way. I drove from Vegas to LA and I kept having paranoi of what it’s like to be stuck on a highway in between both cities. At some point it’s like you forgot civilization even exist.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yea the east coast is blessed for that in a way. I drove from Vegas to LA and I kept having paranoi of what it’s like to be stuck on a highway in between both cities. At some point it’s like you forgot civilization even exist.

The whole rest of the country is like that. That east coast corridor is basically uninterrupted city/suburbs. Once you get west of Philly it's a wrap. You're in the woods till Pittsburgh.

We underestimate how fukking big this country is.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The whole rest of the country is like that. That east coast corridor is basically uninterrupted city/suburbs. Once you get west of Philly it's a wrap. You're in the woods till Pittsburgh.

We underestimate how fukking big this country is.
Yup I drove to Kentucky from nyc and once I saw the signs for Harrisburg I went from woods to seeing open land with cows and stuff lol

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Newark born & bred former Scudder homes & Stella Wright homes resident.
OIP.MrEyKg-tnMQwTCZ3DyaM1AHaEb

crazy times:wow:

Seen that shyt in real life plenty of times, having been driven past there but thankfully never been inside that place. The old newark was depressing as fukk. One of my relatives had a store there back in the early 90s there and needless to say, the store was bulletproofed up. Everything was behind the glass. It wasnt too far from those projects. Maybe some blocks away. How bad were those projects? It took them awhile to tear them down too.

Newark is slowly shaking off its bad rep though. Took it long enough. Jersey is underrated in certain aspects but overall its a mess. Same could be said about other states but jersey for the most part is on some bullshyt.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Seen that shyt in real life plenty of times, having been driven past there but thankfully never been in that place. The old newark was depressing as fukk. How bad was those projects?

Newark is slowly shaking off its bad rep though. Took it long enough. Jersey is underrated in certain aspects but overall its a mess.
I can't speak for other hoods in Newark at the time(It gets into my hood was worst than yours debate :scust:) . That whole 3 block radius had to rank among the worse at the time. There was Scudder homes aka Howard ST, Hill Manor aka Hell Manor, Brick Towers, & Prince Street all within 2 blocks of each other:dead::francis:. Mercer had they own projects everything you can imagine went down. If you wasn't from Prince or don't know people (fam or whatever) you would get tested