I have my first flight school class/flight in two weeks!

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
:gucci: You just need 30 hours to become a pilot of a commercial airliner?
Jan3KND.png

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
Yea the hours are based on the pilot and his/her skill level.

Ngl, i was like :merchant: the first time i went up in a 172 with my instructor.

When you get in the groove of things and begin to do airwork...the spin recovery and the G forces that hit you :damn::damn:

Your first solo is also most likely going to be 1 circuit. T/O, upwind, downwind, base and then final.

Provided that you’re able to obtain a medical, no.

You can start learning how to fly at 18 or 45. However, bein eligible for the airforce or commercial airlines may be a different story.
yea air force cutoff is like 31 i think. you basically have to be groomed to be a fighter pilot.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
One of my partnas a pilot. He was telling me one day how that shyt damn near impossible to get the hours to fly for Delta I think cause you need so many hours. But said you can fly for other airlines with like half. But he was saying how expensive it is to get your hours and basically you need your own damn plane to be able to afford all them hours.

So obviously my next question was, so you can’t finesse hours? He was like hell naw, maybe an hour or two here and there but all it take is an audit, so unless you got people with planes in on it, you can’t even finesse the hours. I was like fukk that shyt, I need to cheat

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
I'd keep going. At least get the hours to go commercial. You might want a career change in your later years:yeshrug:

Naw, I’m good on a career change I’m doing well where I am. I just like to learn skills and add to myself as much as possible. After planes it’ll be boats. At that point I’ll know how to operate everything but a tank. And I saw a place to learn how to drive them in Castic California so you never know.:ehh:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
One of my partnas a pilot. He was telling me one day how that shyt damn near impossible to get the hours to fly for Delta I think cause you need so many hours. But said you can fly for other airlines with like half. But he was saying how expensive it is to get your hours and basically you need your own damn plane to be able to afford all them hours.

So obviously my next question was, so you can’t finesse hours? He was like hell naw, maybe an hour or two here and there but all it take is an audit, so unless you got people with planes in on it, you can’t even finesse the hours. I was like fukk that shyt, I need to cheat

You need 1500. Instructors charge something like $150/hr. From what I understand you looking at $100k to get to 1500 hours. But I could be wrong, I'm reading reddit now to see the best cost scenario.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
You need 1500. Instructors charge something like $150/hr. From what I understand you looking at $100k to get to 1500 hours. But I could be wrong, I'm reading reddit now to see the best cost scenario.
You're suppose to get your commercial and instructors license and have someone else pay you attain those hours, especially twin engine hours. Then you move on to a regional airline, and then a major.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You're suppose to get your commercial and instructors license and have someone else pay you attain those hours, especially twin engine hours. Then you move on to a regional airline, and then a major.

I thought it was 1500 to go major.

I want to do this, but my Associate degree is holding me back. That's 2 years of BS I don't feel like going through.