I have my first flight school class/flight in two weeks!

RealAssanova

Ethnic Vagitarian
Daps
Reppin
6 Side.
I’m excited like a child during Christmas time.:russ:

It’s crazy to me that I only need 30 hours of flight time with an instructor and 10 hours solo to become a licensed pilot. I already know I’m gonna be like “do they know it’s me up here flying a fukking plane?”:skip:

Congrats. Haven’t been PIC of an aircraft since 2011 when i became licensed. :to:

Just a heads up...you may exceed those 40 hrs. :ufdup:

not sure where you are in this world...but if you’re somewhere where you’re currently experiencing below freezing temps...take advantage of that.

Used to love being wheels up at 8am in -20 degree temps. Air was as smooth as shea butter and my landings would make even air force one pilots jealous. :banderas:

If u somewhere warm and have convective weather though... :huhldup:

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
How do you get the 10hrs Solo time?

I don’t know yet.:manny:

Congrats. Haven’t been PIC of an aircraft since 2011 when i became licensed. :to:

Just a heads up...you may exceed those 40 hrs. :ufdup:

not sure where you are in this world...but if you’re somewhere where you’re currently experiencing below freezing temps...take advantage of that.

Used to love being wheels up at 8am in -20 degree temps. Air was as smooth as shea butter and my landings would make even air force one pilots jealous. :banderas:

If u somewhere warm and have convective weather though... :huhldup:

I’m in Savannah it’s 40 one day and 77 the next.

And yeah, I talked to another instructor from a different school and when I brought up the 40 hours he hit me with the :sas2:. And explained that I might go way over. He’s even a little cheaper than the other school so I’m thinking about going with him instead he said that my introduction hour with the other school would still count towards my overall hours but I’d have to do an introduction flight with him too.

RealAssanova

Ethnic Vagitarian
Daps
Reppin
6 Side.
I don’t know yet.:manny:

I’m in Savannah it’s 40 one day and 77 the next.

And yeah, I talked to another instructor from a different school and when I brought up the 40 hours he hit me with the :sas2:. And explained that I might go way over. He’s even a little cheaper than the other school so I’m thinking about going with him instead he said that my introduction hour with the other school would still count towards my overall hours but I’d have to do an introduction flight with him too.

Yea the hours are based on the pilot and his/her skill level.

Ngl, i was like :merchant: the first time i went up in a 172 with my instructor.

When you get in the groove of things and begin to do airwork...the spin recovery and the G forces that hit you :damn::damn:

Your first solo is also most likely going to be 1 circuit. T/O, upwind, downwind, base and then final.

congrats bro!

is there an age requirement for becoming a pilot? is this something I'll have to engage in before 30?

Provided that you’re able to obtain a medical, no.

You can start learning how to fly at 18 or 45. However, bein eligible for the airforce or commercial airlines may be a different story.