I gotta be honest with y'all, man. Games ain't hitting the same since I played TLOU2

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh there are details such as,

The scene where you first encounter stalkers as Ellie, if you leave a trap mine by the door, it blows up the stalker, it's not a cut scene

Same for when you get ambushed at the workbench, if you leave a trap mine by the bedroom door it kills the dude who would otherwise grab you. So many of these details that in other games are just cutscenes, they're fully living breathing parts of the world in TLOU2

Unparalleled experience :wow:

same with the news station, you can put one as you come in

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I don't care about none of these protagonists or side characters like I did in that game. I can't even care about my man Jin Sakai no more. I just keep playing chapters of TLOU2 hoping to restore the feeling, but it ain't happening, G. Help :mjcry:
:russ::russ::russ:Welcome to the club, it’s hard to come of that high but you will after some time. I remember playing other games after this masterpiece and was like :stopitslime:at the NPC reactions because they just didn’t match up.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The concept of this thought process with games overall seems silly to me. There's so many different games out there, not any one game can be so definitive enough for me that it dulls my enjoyment of other games. I can somewhat see that maybe for it doing so for 1 particular genre, like if you said TLOU2 as a TPS was the definitive TPS game experience that you didn't need to play any other TPS games. But otherwise...meh.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The concept of this thought process with games overall seems silly to me. There's so many different games out there, not any one game can be so definitive enough for me that it dulls my enjoyment of other games. I can somewhat see that maybe for it doing so for 1 particular genre, like if you said TLOU2 as a TPS was the definitive TPS game experience that you didn't need to play any other TPS games. But otherwise...meh.

Witcher 3 spoilt a lot of other open world games for me :yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I told people last year that playing the TLOU2 was one of the more engaging game experience I had in years. It was like playing a 20 hour movie.

Amazing game, the only flaws I think are to do with the story and the pacing of the game, some of the narrative they try to push but that comes with all media nowadays just about.

Sucks for people who haven't played it and know the spoilers but its still a good experience over all. Everything in the game feels like it's scaled correctly and the attention to detail is amazing.

I can see how playing another game after you finish something like TLOU and start to compare things one did better than the other or when you play through a engaging story with characters with personality and how they talk and speak feels authentic instead of like they are just reading off lines could start to ruin other games.

But in those cases you've probably kinda moved on pass "hardcore" gaming to a certain extent and just should wait for the big Triple A games.

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I told people last year that playing the TLOU2 was one of the more engaging game experience I had in years. It was like playing a 20 hour movie.

Amazing game, the only flaws I think are to do with the story and the pacing of the game, some of the narrative they try to push but that comes with all media nowadays just about.

Sucks for people who haven't played it and know the spoilers but its still a good experience over all. Everything in the game feels like it's scaled correctly and the attention to detail is amazing.

I can see how playing another game after you start to compare things one did better than the other or when you play through a engaging story with characters with personality and how they talk and speak feels authentic instead of like they are just reading off lines could start to ruin other games.

But in those cases you've probably kinda moved on pass "hardcore" gaming to a certain extent and just should wait for the big Triple A games.
A fair and balanced take :ehh:

Repped

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
i always laugh when people say the jump from ps3 to ps4 wasn't that big, then i see shyt like this...

drake_comparison.0.0.jpg

what they do on ps5 is gonna look next level
Well, relatively speaking, it wasn't as huge a jump we grew accustomed to seeing. Look below; PS3 to PS4 is far less significant than the other jumps.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well, relatively speaking, it wasn't as huge a jump we grew accustomed to seeing. Look below; PS3 to PS4 is far less significant than the other jumps.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sure but sports games aren’t really technical showcases either, they are the most iterative games as far as innovation is concerned.