I got this new coworker who greets people as "king" and "queen"

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
At first it was weird, and I see it getting annoying, but after homegirl went to her 1 on 1 and asked her to stop calling her that, and she didn't, then it became disrespect.
Is this woman wyte?

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
At first it was weird, and I see it getting annoying, but after homegirl went to her 1 on 1 and asked her to stop calling her that, and she didn't, then it became disrespect.
Is this woman wyte?
Both women are black. I kinda see where some of yall are coming from now but I still think Felicia is just being extra about it. I just don't think the lady means any harm

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Both women are black. I kinda see where some of yall are coming from now but I still think Felicia is just being extra about it. I just don't think the lady means any harm
the second the other person tried to get smart and add-on to the pet name/title situation instead of recognizing that the dialogue was unwelcome, she opened herself up to a relatively easy HR situation

felicia might be making it overly complicated by trying to build some community rally which disrupts the larger workspace because of the issue too. also a dangerous spot to be in. but its in response to the antagonizing situation presented which hadn't been handled promptly :manny:

all this depends on the workplace though. if this is CVS pharmacy shyt? no one cares. if its mid level stuff.... solid odds they both get fried. higher? felicia gonna win *and* get promoted + get someone else fired for letting it happen lol

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
So vulgar....
xRyXjCv.png
My breh Big Dikk Peter Popoff :russ:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I call my white coworker CAC and he has no idea what it means :manny:

(His name is Chris Cullens so when he did ask, i told him its his initals :russ:)

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
If yall want to see an example of how that "queen" or "king" shyt sounds to some people...

images

it might be unintentional, but it's like you're speaking that workplace passive aggressive language.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Kind of get it if she has been there for a while and that’s all she calls her. I had a co-worker call me “buddy” in place of my name. I didn’t care at first but she went out of her way to talk to me every time I saw her so it was hey, buddy, buddy this buddy that for months. Never said anything to them because they meant well but I told another coworker who must’ve told her because she went out of her way to use my name and acts flustered anytime she starts to call me buddy.