I got this new coworker who greets people as "king" and "queen"

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Both women are black. I kinda see where some of yall are coming from now but I still think Felicia is just being extra about it. I just don't think the lady means any harm
Yeah she black too.......this definitely not about the greetings lmfaooooooo

green-eyes-cats-eyes.gif

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kind of get it if she has been there for a while and that’s all she calls her. I had a co-worker call me “buddy” in place of my name. I didn’t care at first but she went out of her way to talk to me every time I saw her so it was hey, buddy, buddy this buddy that for months. Never said anything to them because they meant well but I told another coworker who must’ve told her because she went out of her way to use my name and acts flustered anytime she starts to call me buddy.
That’s me right there but I ain’t gonna call you buddy no more after I get to know you.It’s an old Atlanta thang.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i remember an old blackman at a job that was the lowest person on the totem pole and he hated when younger white dudes called him "boss". i understand the feeling. it can be taken as kind of mocking, like when white people laugh at the name leroy (the king) once it became associated with blacks.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are both wrong.

The girl is wrong for not calling her by her name.

Felicia is wrong for gathering a mob and complaining to HR. She should just ignore her and KIM.

Daps
She said the reason she objected to the greeting is because she wanted to be called by her name. Hotep obliged. :troll:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Taking it to HR is wild petty. I'm assuming your friend from college must've had an attitude when she told her to call her by her gov't.

Personally, I think calling people King and Queen is corny in general, and would frustrate the shyt out of me at work. That shyt won't make me more effective at my job. Don't think I've heard of many people that were classified as Kings and Queens worrying about pay, HR complaints, or layoffs.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I said this before on here: I rather be called bruh/bro/brotha/brother than to be called a king by another black man.
Taking it to HR is wild petty. I'm assuming your friend from college must've had an attitude when she told her to call her by her gov't.

Personally, I think calling people King and Queen is corny in general, and would frustrate the shyt out of me at work. That shyt won't make me more effective at my job. Don't think I've heard of many people that were classified as Kings and Queens worrying about pay, HR complaints, or layoffs.
Why do yall have disdain for it ?