I got an announcement. I'm leaving Chicago to move down south to Texas UPDATE: might be moving back

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm wondering what all the TX hype is about. Do yall not remember Micah or is our attention span that short.

The only way I'd move down there is to have more leverage in the job market. It could be a step up from Chicago but is it a step up from NYC?
Seems like the job market down there is much better than up here.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope u guys are right about all this. I'm already second guessing this decision and I am still a month away from moving. already told the original job I accepted out here that I'm not gonna be taking the job anymore as I am taking an opportunity to move out of state. maybe I can't handle change, but this is really freaking me out.

I don't think you need to worry man. If worse comes to worse you can always move back. When you move down here if you don't like it you can always move back or somewhere else.

But from a job/career/cost of living stand point you hit the jackpot.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just be ready for potential tornadoes if you're going to dallas

Yeah there are tornados here. But nothing crazy.....but if he lived outside of chicago like in central or southern Illionis he would get tornados too.

Also the tornados are exaggerated. It is nothing like OKC. Trust I have had to stay there and you get a tornado warning damn near every week during tornado season.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
houston will. not dallas. those two cities are not even close population wise. now if you compare chicagoland area with the DFW area, then it's much more comparable.

Yeah dallas cheats with its population.....they count all of DFW.

Daps
You got a house out there yet ?

When I see shyt like this

image_1940_1456.jpg

for $400k :francis:

You know what I was looking at for $400k in Vallejo earlier this year :francis:

an apartment :francis:

it was a nice apartment :leon:

but still an apartment :francis:

good luck breh :salute: :skip:one of the better posters here, nothing but success to ya :salute:

For $400k you can get a house twice that size in the metroplex

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

image_1940_1456.jpg

good luck breh :salute: one of the better posters here, nothing but success to ya :salute:

From a real estate perspective, yall losing hard in the bay. :francis:

But that shyt can't keep it forever though.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps

image_1940_1456.jpg

good luck breh :salute: one of the better posters here, nothing but success to ya :salute:
Yeah but living in the bay> Dallas

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
@beaniemac
How much you sold your crib for?

You may be mortgage free down in Texas

I haven't sold shyt. I am undecided about what I want to do regarding the house I live in. I'd prefer to get more equity in before selling because I have only been here like 1 1/2 years. my other house is rented, so that one is good.

if I find myself coming up here regularly, I might keep this spot. I was working on a new budget yesterday. and even with paying this mortgage, I'll still have a couple grand leftover after taxes and all other bills are paid each month.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

image_1940_1456.jpg

No house yet. she has a rental as it's only been 5 months. she said we can move to a bigger spot in her complex which is fine. the house you posted is cool, but I am not a fan of those mcmansion type of cribs. also I hear homes in texas don't typically have basements like they do here. 400K is a lot of money for a crib. especially in the south I think. I figured 300K gets you pretty much anything you want down south.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I haven't sold shyt. I am undecided about what I want to do regarding the house I live in. I'd prefer to get more equity in before selling because I have only been here like 1 1/2 years. my other house is rented, so that one is good.

if I find myself coming up here regularly, I might keep this spot. I was working on a new budget yesterday. and even with paying this mortgage, I'll still have a couple grand leftover after taxes and all other bills are paid each month.

Is that including your wife or you really ballin like that

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Is that including your wife or you really ballin like that

no, me alone (not factoring in her income) I will have that extra money leftover after bills are paid. and it'll be more if I hurry up and pay off this car I got in january.

I changed jobs in:

Mar 2012
Sept 2013
Jul 2017

each time, I have upped my salary by at least 10%. I have never been able to secure those kinda raises staying with the same company. my last company was cheap as fukk with the raises, but I put up with them because of the work at home flexibility.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
No house yet. she has a rental as it's only been 5 months. she said we can move to a bigger spot in her complex which is fine. the house you posted is cool, but I am not a fan of those mcmansion type of cribs. also I hear homes in texas don't typically have basements like they do here. 400K is a lot of money for a crib. especially in the south I think. I figured 300K gets you pretty much anything you want down south.

yeah I guess people corrected me and said closer to some where you can find that house for $250k :hubie: I thought it was a good deal already at 400k :hubie:

basements :skip: they have attics though.. does chicago not have attics :wtf: attics are the same as basements just on top of your house instead of below it

in bay area we cant have basements in most cities cause we legit 15 feet above sea level :skip: gotta have permits to just dig in your back yard in bay area :skip:

no bull shyt, in the bay area we have a 811 hotline to call before you dig in your back yard :pachaha: so basements were never a thing here :manny: but attics is what we got

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
yeah I guess people corrected me and said closer to some where you can find that house for $250k :hubie: I thought it was a good deal already at 400k :hubie:

basements :skip: they have attics though.. does chicago not have attics :wtf: attics are the same as basements just on top of your house instead of below it

in bay area we cant have basements in most cities cause we legit 15 feet above sea level :skip: gotta have permits to just dig in your back yard in bay area :skip:

no bull shyt, in the bay area we have a 811 hotline to call before you dig in your back yard :pachaha: so basements were never a thing here :manny: but attics is what we got

some cribs out here have attics. but I have never had one that has had one. I live in a bungalow.
0ab238_6b6fecb2fc6547af9799de74bcdc94d5~mv2.jpg

that means the 2nd floor has a pitched ceiling typically. so technically you're in the attic already.

however, my house is dormered out, which means that it's been built out on the sides on the 2nd floor to remove the pitch in the ceiling and add more square footage.

PK8U1mR.jpg