I got an announcement. I'm leaving Chicago to move down south to Texas UPDATE: might be moving back

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Wow, breh. I remember I used to lightweight suggest moving up to the Chi with my wife and kids because you said we need to get out Decatur.:to:

Congrats on the move. But shiiiiit, I doubt I could handle our kids while my wife was getting settled in. We got a 3 yr old son and an 11 month old son. I'd be a wreck:pachaha:

I was looking forward to possibly goin' to one of the coli meet ups in Chicago. I got quite a few family members in Dallas tho. My dad and step mom. He always tells me about the opportunities in Dallas.

Nothing but the best wishes to you and your family:salute:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Good luck brehs. Some people never get the chance to live outside their hometown.

I've been a damn nomad since I got married and been following my wife's moves due to her career. Even did the long distance narrative thing w my wife in Chicago (West loop) and me in Michigan. Now we in Connecticut, so you never know where life will take you.

Dallas seems cool enough, definitely explore the city and surrounding areas.

Hold onto that house in Chicago if you can.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Wow, breh. I remember I used to lightweight suggest moving up to the Chi with my wife and kids because you said we need to get out Decatur.:to:

Congrats on the move. But shiiiiit, I doubt I could handle our kids while my wife was getting settled in. We got a 3 yr old son and an 11 month old son. I'd be a wreck:pachaha:

I was looking forward to possibly goin' to one of the coli meet ups in Chicago. I got quite a few family members in Dallas tho. My dad and step mom. He always tells me about the opportunities in Dallas.

Nothing but the best wishes to you and your family:salute:

appreciate the well wishes. but yo, u still need to get out of decatur. I can't imagine living in such a small town. my kids are 14 and 7, so I don't have to do that much for them. they can do their own homework. they wake themselves up for school, and can make their own lunches and breakfast.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Good luck brehs. Some people never get the chance to live outside their hometown.

I've been a damn nomad since I got married and been following my wife's moves due to her career. Even did the long distance narrative thing w my wife in Chicago (West loop) and me in Michigan. Now we in Connecticut, so you never know where life will take you.

Dallas seems cool enough, definitely explore the city and surrounding areas.

Hold onto that house in Chicago if you can

funny you mention that. my parents just left my house and my moms was like "we still having christmas at your house right?" :laugh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm wondering what all the TX hype is about. Do yall not remember Micah or is our attention span that short.

The only way I'd move down there is to have more leverage in the job market. It could be a step up from Chicago but is it a step up from NYC?

it's actually a step down from chicago. but the job market down there is booming more so than here. money wise, I was not able to find as lucrative of jobs here in the chi as down there. plus with no state income tax, that adds and extra 3.75% to my take home pay since I don't have those deducted.

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
it's only a 10K increase from my last job. 25K increase from the job that wanted me to work out here.

plus I'll be able to have a sex life again since the wife hasn't been up here consistently for the past 5 months :takedat:

So you mean to tell me you weren't knocking things down on the regular? God gave you an underhanded pitch, no wife at home, no kids at home while in school and you work from home. :dahell:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
So you mean to tell me you weren't knocking things down on the regular? God gave you an underhanded pitch, no wife at home, no kids at home while in school and you work from home. :dahell:

my kids have been up here the entire time. but during the day EVERYONE is at work anyways. only person I know who's not (outside of retirees) is my buddy who works 3rd shift.

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah I guess people corrected me and said closer to some where you can find that house for $250k :hubie: I thought it was a good deal already at 400k :hubie:

basements :skip: they have attics though.. does chicago not have attics :wtf: attics are the same as basements just on top of your house instead of below it

in bay area we cant have basements in most cities cause we legit 15 feet above sea level :skip: gotta have permits to just dig in your back yard in bay area :skip:

no bull shyt, in the bay area we have a 811 hotline to call before you dig in your back yard :pachaha: so basements were never a thing here :manny: but attics is what we got

An attic where I'm from or what I've seen doesn't compare to basements. My basement growing up had 3 rooms plus the common room. Often they have bathrooms too.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's gonna be sad leaving the only place I have ever lived (outside of college), but my wife likes it there, and I am really tired of being up here without my spouse and having to handle these kids solo. I'm mostly upset to leave my parents and inlaws up here as well as my sister and my niece and nephew. I also hate having to move my kids to a new school. that sucks as well. but I think this is what's gonna be best for all of us in the end. :mjcry:

Last part is all that matters. Congratulations. I've known of quite a few people that have left Chicago in the last few years to go down south (Texas/TN).

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
mannn.....if me and my girl didnt have businesses that forced us to be in Chicago...I would be gone.
I love this city...but these taxes, and horrible government piss me off.

Plus...im done w/ winter.

Dallas is booming.
The Real Estate market is on fire.

All the black/white people are leaving this broke state...pretty soon its going to be all Mexicans.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
An attic where I'm from or what I've seen doesn't compare to basements. My basement growing up had 3 rooms plus the common room. Often they have bathrooms too.
That's what I'll miss most from here. My basement is damn near 1400 square feet with a full bathroom and bedroom. I love it :sadbron:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Sorry if this is a long read, but I gotta share this. I haven't been posting much on here lately because of what's been going on in my life the last 2 months or so.

Bare with me, I am really having a lot of anxiety about this, but here's what happened (yes, I know its a long read)

Back in november, my wife's job (she only started in July 2016) offered her a promotion to transfer to the dallas area. and if she didn't take the job, the alternative was she'd have to take a severance package and have no job. So we moved her down there in January of this year.

Therefore, I stayed up here with my kids since I worked at home and I didn't want to move them in the middle of the school year. Well that was going good for the first few months til early April, I got let go from my job. Initially I was pissed cuz this kinda blindsided me, but I literally told my wife and moms that I would find a superior job and get multiple job offers in the process.

And with me being in the job market, I decided to look for gigs in both the Chi and down in Dallas. So with that said, I focused my full 110% attention into finding a better job. I hadn't worked in an office for so long, I didn't even have a suit in my closet. but I was blessed with having a large safety net financially where I could survive for almost a year in case I didn't find anything.

So after doing countless phone interviews, quite a few in person interviews, and a few skype interviews, I ended up getting two job offers. one out here and one down in texas.

even though the job here offers more vacation time and less expensive benefits, the job down there is what I wanna do, will look better on my resume, plus it pays 25K more than what I was gonna get if I took the job here and 10K more than the last job I had working at home. plus I will pocket the additional 3.75% in illinois income taxes I won't have to pay. factoring the rental income I'm already getting from my rental property, I'll be just shy of six figures it looks like.

It's gonna be sad leaving the only place I have ever lived (outside of college), but my wife likes it there, and I am really tired of being up here without my spouse and having to handle these kids solo. I'm mostly upset to leave my parents and inlaws up here as well as my sister and my niece and nephew. I also hate having to move my kids to a new school. that sucks as well. but I think this is what's gonna be best for all of us in the end. :mjcry:

welcome to Dallas breh, hit me up or any of us Dallas brehs if you need anything or want to know cool places to go etc.