I finally binge watched Breaking Bad these last two weeks

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these my goats along with game of thrones. I want to try mad men but being 7 seasons deep got me intimidated.
Do it:smugdraper:

On my rewatch now, a couple episodes into the 6th season
Which makes sense, now that I think about it, with what happened at the company he started with his former friends or whatever
He shouldn't have left the company then, fukk Walt:pacspit:

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
Do it:smugdraper:

On my rewatch now, a couple episodes into the 6th season

He shouldn't have left the company then, fukk Walt:pacspit:

:dwillhuh: Wait, didn't he get screwed by Gretchen and Elliot?? Didn't they kick him out, or stole his idea or something?? Don't really remember what exactly happened, haven't seen that part since it first came on

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: Wait, didn't he get screwed by Gretchen and Elliot?? Didn't they kick him out, or stole his idea or something?? Don't really remember what exactly happened, haven't seen that part since it first came on
Nah.

In 2009, the actress that played Gretchen said

Q&A – Jessica Hecht (Gretchen)

We were very much in love and we were to get married. And he came home and met my family, and I come from this really successful, wealthy family, and that knocks him on his side. He couldn’t deal with this inferiority he felt — this lack of connection to privilege. It made him terrified, and he literally just left me, and I was devastated. Walt is fighting his way out of going back to that emotional place, so he says, “F— you.”
And last year

Vince Gilligan Finally Reveals Why Walter White Left Gray Matter | HuffPost

“It ends with him being so nasty to her saying, ‘fukk you,’ and then she leaves tearfully,” said Gilligan. “In my mind, the interesting thing here — and I always kind of hate to nail it down so explicitly — but let’s put it this way, most viewers of ‘Breaking Bad’ assume Gretchen and Elliott are the bad guys, and they assume that Walt got ripped off by them, got ill used by them, and I never actually saw it that way.”

Gilligan explained that the truth is more nuanced. It all stemmed from White’s feeling of inferiority while spending time with Gretchen’s family.

“I think it was kind of situation where he didn’t realize the girl he was about to marry was so very wealthy and came from such a prominent family, and it kind of blew his mind and made him feel inferior and he overreacted. He just kind of checked out. I think there is that whole other side to the story, and it can be gleaned. This isn’t really the CliffsNotes version so much. These facts can be gleaned if you watch some of these scenes really closely enough, and you watch them without too much of an overriding bias toward Walt and against Gretchen and Elliott,” said Gilligan.

Gould added, “I think the interesting thing is not exactly what happened but the fact that Walt hasn’t let it go over all these years. He has no perspective on himself. He gets to the point where all he can really do is try to justify everything that he’s done.”

They never come out and say it on the show, but even in the scene at the diner, Gretchen says something about Walt being upstairs with her father and some other people, then just leaving the house without saying anything to her and selling them his shares of the company shortly after.

Gretchen and Elliot always seemed sincere about their concern for Walt, they even offered dude a consulting job which would've come with access to the best doctors in the world.

It's why I was "Walt is a piece of shyt" from early on in the show.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Nah.

In 2009, the actress that played Gretchen said

Q&A – Jessica Hecht (Gretchen)

And last year

Vince Gilligan Finally Reveals Why Walter White Left Gray Matter | HuffPost

They never come out and say it on the show, but even in the scene at the diner, Gretchen says something about Walt being upstairs with her father and some other people, then just leaving the house without saying anything to her and selling them his shares of the company shortly after.

Gretchen and Elliot always seemed sincere about their concern for Walt, they even offered dude a consulting job which would've come with access to the best doctors in the world.

It's why I was "Walt is a piece of shyt" from early on in the show.
I knew Walt was a dikkhead when he tried to force his son to drink only because he was jealous of how his son looked up to Hank, so he wanted to show authority

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew Walt was a dikkhead when he tried to force his son to drink only because he was jealous of how his son looked up to Hank, so he wanted to show authority
Yeah, it's the same shyt.

Even with the first shot, Hank was on some, :smugbiden:First drink with your old man

By the 2nd, he was :ld:

The 3rd, he was, "Calm that shyt down Walt":ufdup:

I was fukk Walt when he turned down that job in like episode 4.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Been rewatching the Sopranos..at the episode where Chris gets smothered and it leads to Tony fukking the one and only Sarah Shahi:yes:

Her, the Russian girlfriend, Meadow, Adriana, and Gloria might be the top 5 Sopranos chicks. Juliania Margulies(ER) is ultra pretty too of course.

Carmella and the son are so fukking useless....lol.
Man that episode had me PISSED.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The Wire is the best show ever but I have Breaking Bad over the Sopranos mainly because Breaking Bad got better every season. Sopranos last season lacked imo
russfail.gif

Sopranos S6B was fukking fire, what the fukk.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game of thrones is numero uno, the wire is second, everything else is a distant third