I filmed a movie and sold out two theaters at AMC.....check it out

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
Ive been in a few movies thats on Tubi and Prime, but last summer I decided to write my own script and put my own short film together. I didnt know what to expect considering it was my first movie. We started filming back in December and we had the premiere for the movie April 18th at AMC Regency in Jacksonville FL. The short film is called Pressure. I plan on making the next one even better quality wise. Check it out. Feel free to ask any questions.

*IF YOU WATCH THE MOVIE and ENJOYED THE EFFORT, COULD YOU SHARE IT TO YOUR SOCIAL AND HELP US PUSH IT INTO THE YOUTUBE ALGORITHM*

3x4-pressure.jpg

Also, check out PAUSE on Youtube

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ive been in a few movies thats on Tubi and Prime, but last summer I decided to write my own script and put my own short film together. I didnt know what to expect considering it was my first movie. We started filming back in December and we had the premiere for the movie April 18th at AMC Regency in Jacksonville FL. The short film is called Pressure. I plan on making the next one even better quality wise. Check it out. Feel free to ask any questions.

3x4-pressure.jpg

I'll give it a watch.

I got a tennis game in 15 tho

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I watched the whole thing, biggest feedback I got is on the next one you should prioritize recording better production sound. That was mainly what took me out of enjoying it more. There were some other technical issues (i.e. seeing a tripod in the background of one of the shots) that could have benefitted from stronger pre-production and production practices but I realize you're using what you got.

The biggest thing that will elevate your work rn imo is upping the sound quality across the board, it's not that expensive nor that difficult to achieve either. Invest in some lavaliers, a boom mic/boom pole and a decent field recorder with at least 3 channels so you can run a boom and a pair of lavs on the same take.

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
I watched the whole thing, biggest feedback I got is on the next one you should prioritize recording better production sound. That was mainly what took me out of enjoying it more. There were some other technical issues (i.e. seeing a tripod in the background of one of the shots) that could have benefitted from stronger pre-production and production practices but I realize you're using what you got.

The biggest thing that will elevate your work rn imo is upping the sound quality across the board, it's not that expensive nor that difficult to achieve either. Invest in some lavaliers, a boom mic/boom pole and a decent field recorder with at least 3 channels so you can run a boom and a pair of lavs on the same take.
Definitely will be improving the sound and other technical areas. I originally had a boom sound guy but he cancelled the day before we started shooting. Appreciate the honest feedback, the next one will be elevated all around the board now that I know what im doing a lil bit.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

I'd also say use a wider lens next time a lot of scenes were way to up close

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
I'd also say use a wider lens next time a lot of scenes were way to up close
Appreciate the suggestion. We were lacking in the equipment department and had to use what we had. We plan on using more lenses, more audio equipment etc on the next project. This one was certainly a learning lesson for sure.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Appreciate the suggestion. We were lacking in the equipment department and had to use what we had. We plan on using more lenses, more audio equipment etc on the next project. This one was certainly a learning lesson for sure.

Still dope breh for a first time still amazing :salute:. Proud of you and look forward to more of your work.