I feel like Sony making 10 live service games is another nail in the coffin for the industry.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont be goofy, you can offer a great product and still make great profit. This is pure greed and nothing to celebrate. Who the fukk wants to play 4 hours a day just to keep up? You can't put down Destiny, 2K, or GTA for a week because you essentially left the hell behind.

The problem is, you probably don't REALLY need to play that much to keep up, but most of the players are willingly doing thet shyt.

As someone who casually plays Destiny, you absolutely can put the game down for weeks at a time, and be alright. Hell, they even seem to be actively slowing the character progression treadmill down a bit so there's not as much of a need to go all out each season. Is there stuff intended to induce FOMO, or get you playing as often as possible? Absolutely. But the nature of the game introducing new weapons each season is that for the most part, if you missed out on something that was only in one season, another weapon that fills the same or similar utility is going to replace it, or it'll just get reissued at some point.

Unfortunately, the players themselves are driving the focus on this shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
‘Gaming enthusiast’ not showing up for the games they want and complainging when the market pivots away from them, a tale as old as time

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The problem is, you probably don't REALLY need to play that much to keep up, but most of the players are willingly doing thet shyt.

As someone who casually plays Destiny, you absolutely can put the game down for weeks at a time, and be alright. Hell, they even seem to be actively slowing the character progression treadmill down a bit so there's not as much of a need to go all out each season. Is there stuff intended to induce FOMO, or get you playing as often as possible? Absolutely. But the nature of the game introducing new weapons each season is that for the most part, if you missed out on something that was only in one season, another weapon that fills the same or similar utility is going to replace it, or it'll just get reissued at some point.

Unfortunately, the players themselves are driving the focus on this shyt.

To stay competitive you have to play.

The bolded is VERY false. In NBA 2K, want to play Pro AM and Park with friends? Be prepared to grind and be frustrated. Your My Player needs 250k VC to be maxed out to 99, but we won't go there, let's say 85ovr to be competitive. That's about 175k VC. If you average 1200 vc a game, that's 145 games. At 5 minutes quarters, that's 20 minutes a game.

So you're looking at 48 hours of gameplay to reach 85 ovr. 8 hours a week means a whole 6 weeks before you can play with your friends.

Oh and if you mess up your build? You gotta start all over again which many people do.

That's not including animations or nba gear.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The bolded is VERY false. In NBA 2K, want to play Pro AM and Park with friends? Be prepared to grind and be frustrated. Your My Player needs 250k VC to be maxed out to 99, but we won't go there, let's say 85ovr to be competitive. That's about 175k VC. If you average 1200 vc a game, that's 145 games. At 5 minutes quarters, that's 20 minutes a game.

So you're looking at 48 hours of gameplay to reach 85 ovr. 8 hours a week means a whole 6 weeks before you can play with your friends.

Oh and if you mess up your build? You gotta start all over again which many people do.

:scust:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Due to :mjpls:

The game is pretty solid.

Doesn't FF16 drop next month? :skip:
Sequalstation :blessed:

I'll wait to see how the new gameplay mechanics play out before making any judgements on FF16.

But you're really making my point. Sony is relying heavily on 3rd party devs/publishers for their exclusives and spending their increased first party budget on service games.

Spiderman is the only first party game that looks to be worth it this year.

So 1

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
33d.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'll give you 2K, but in all fairness, that shyt is designed to essentially browbeat you into buying VC.

Brehs on here that play GTA will usually pop up and tell those of us who don't play that it doesn't take all that long to run up a few million dollars. And that "You gotta play NOW" shyt for Destiny doesn't work all that well once you wise up to the fact that secretly, EVERY season is built to give lapsed players a hook in some way.

If we're being real, it's mostly the really predatory GaaS games that veer into the territory of making a game a second job.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
I hope they al fail miserably. And they will. Aint no one buying a PlayStation for fukking GaaS games.

Its first party, story driven single player exlcusives, COD, Fortnite, and 2K. Thats it.