I feel like Sony making 10 live service games is another nail in the coffin for the industry.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm pretty sure they showed a chart of it being more like 50/50 between the two. Also, simple math will tell you that if they say that 10 of their games will be GAAS and they have roughly 22-23 studios currently working, then it's unlikely that that the split would be 60/40.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That chart shows they are investing the same amount of money into ‘traditional’ games as they did in 2019 and they are are only increasing investment toward multiplayer
Costs for games are rising. They would always need to increase investments to keep up with the single player game output.

It’s clear they are leaning toward more multiplayer games, even some of their studios that usually worked on single player games are now working on multiplayer games.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
All Sony has to do is stop dikking around and give us a full remake of this GOTC:

51Re6rW2NqL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Thats all I asked for :mindblown:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
There's a difference between ignoring the market and saying in the next 2.5 years we're launching like 12 games in the category.

People are hopeful Sony doesn't go all in on this but I remember a time when Sony made games like Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, and other mascot games. Now the only one left is Ratchet and Clank. As more people start buying into these live service games Sony will gravitate towards that just like they gravitated towards making those single player third person cinematic action games into the PS3 and PS4 era.

The fact that they're talking them up so much is what's so disturbing. It's shareholder pandering and letting what they shareholders want (games that focus on monetization most) dictate direction over what the fans like.

It's what happened to GTA. Why bother making another story based DLC when online expansion packs print money? Plans get abandoned and you spend a decade plus with GTA V existing as a platform for it's live service aspects. From GTA IV to V was about 5 years or a normal development cycle. GTA V has existed across 3 console generations as the only mainline title. In that decade GTA VI still hasn't been finished.

These live service games transform companies.

A lot of people are really ignorant on this matter until it's too late. If you've been gaming for the past 10 years, you should've seen the writing on the wall. I been seen the writing on the wall. 10 live service games is overly dramatic and stupid. Gamers will support all that bullshyt too.:beli:

And these goodies will tell you just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not popular. :snoop:

I'm at the point if you support monetization you deserve to get your money took. Buy NBA 2k every year and spend $200 on it. But hey you got a full time job right?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Did you think this was all for blue grass roots, shyts n giggles. It's ALWAYS been about money, lol.

Dont be goofy, you can offer a great product and still make great profit. This is pure greed and nothing to celebrate. Who the fukk wants to play 4 hours a day just to keep up? You can't put down Destiny, 2K, or GTA for a week because you essentially left the hell behind.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Dont be goofy, you can offer a great product and still make great profit. This is pure greed and nothing to celebrate. Who the fukk wants to play 4 hours a day just to keep up? You can't put down Destiny, 2K, or GTA for a week because you essentially left the hell behind.
That has yet to stop all and FOMO games aren't the only GAAAS type of games either. There's room for both.