I feel like Sony making 10 live service games is another nail in the coffin for the industry.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
All I wanted was another multiplayer FPS and a Socom remake. If it's true that 10 live service games is in the makings, then Sony is going way overboard. Who was asking for this?

Not only that, but they're looking to Bungie for advice when Bungie doesn't even have its original people and they haven't been good in years. Or should I ssy my tastes ain't similar to these gen z kids with adhd?

Most live service games I don't like. Never liked Fortnite and Destiny's. Rainbow 6 siege was great the year it came out, now its a bloated watered down casual fest.

As long as Sony continues with great single player games, im good for the time being. I just need Factions 2 & Killzone. But I can't help but wonder if it's all downhill from here.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's a gamble, and they just need 1-2 hits outside of Bungie for this plan to be successful. if 2/10 games are a hit then that will help fund their single-player experiences that they've been doing.

I think a good example of this on a smaller scale is how EA gives Respawn the freedom to do what they want after Apex became a hit. Apex being a success allowed Respawn to create Star Wars games and other IPs. I think Sony is looking to do something similar to that where if they get a hit then they'll sign a bunch of devs to maintain games, but will also continue their single-player experiences.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's a gamble, and they just need 1-2 hits outside of Bungie for this plan to be successful. if 2/10 games are a hit then that will help fund their single-player experiences that they've been doing.

I think a good example of this on a smaller scale is how EA gives Respawn the freedom to do what they want after Apex became a hit. Apex being a success allowed Respawn to create Star Wars games and other IPs. I think Sony is looking to do something similar to that where if they get a hit then they'll sign a bunch of devs to maintain games, but will also continue their single-player experiences.

Yeah, its pretty much a necessary ‘evil’.

I think securing Bungie was the smartest thing they could have done. If Marathon turns out to be a hit they have perpetual marketing rights to it also.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
im actually looking forward to it

I hope they can get a few creative live service games going

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
All I wanted was another multiplayer FPS and a Socom remake. If it's true that 10 live service games is in the makings, then Sony is going way overboard. Who was asking for this?

Not only that, but they're looking to Bungie for advice when Bungie doesn't even have its original people and they haven't been good in years. Or should I ssy my tastes ain't similar to these gen z kids with adhd?

Most live service games I don't like. Never liked Fortnite and Destiny's. Rainbow 6 siege was great the year it came out, now its a bloated watered down casual fest.

As long as Sony continues with great single player games, im good for the time being. I just need Factions 2 & Killzone. But I can't help but wonder if it's all downhill from here.
Destiny has been around for a decade. I think that makes Bungie a good judge for potential live service games.

I actually used to enjoy Destiny when you could actually enjoy it solo.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Wait until Sony stans realize the development cycles for those single player games are getting much longer because those devs are being pulled to pump out live service content. :lolbron:
Imagine being this much of a hater.

What are you going to do to cope when this doesn't pan out the way you're hoping?

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Crazy seeing y'all change your stance on this

Sony fans never wanted live service games though. We just wanted a couple exclusive multiplayer FPS games. Outside of Factions what did Sony have? Nothing. We have relied on strictly 3rd party FPS for the past 10 years. And looking into it, Killzone Shadow Fall released in 2013. So about 10 years.