I don't understand why y'all on Black Panther's nuts so hard

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
A lot of people aren't comic book readers, so they don't even really know the character. They're just excited that he was in the movie and was an African king. That's where all of this recent fandom coming from. But he was the FIRST black superhero, and even preceded the Black Panther Party.

As a comic book character, I feel like he's been just "OK". I like him when he plays off of someone, but have not been enjoying the solo series. I did feel like Shuri added some life to the book. I love his beef recent with Namor. Hell, in the last decade he was stripped of his title, and powers, went to live in the hood to take over for Daredevil for a while, lost his wife, and was mollywhopped by Doom.

There are plenty of other strong black superheroes out there, so I don't think that you HAVE to like BP.

Speaking of Shuri, if they do her right in the film, Wakanda might be the home of the top 2 black comic book character in the near future.

Wakandan excellence for the brehs and brehettes :obama:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
most of the people riding for him now are cause of the movie...some of us have been riding for him cause he was the first major black hero to get a push in comics....no matter why you riding for him, he's a great character to ride for...an african king, black & proud, looks out for his people, all about uplifting them, one of the smartest & wealthiest people in marvel, is one of the best at hand to hand, can fukk people up if it escalates more than hand to hand, dont take shyt from no one, etc...he's the black bruce wayne of this comic shyt, literally....

...to sum it up: if you black, you should ride for him cause he's a non-stereotypical black comic character, and it's not that many of those....

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
TZiMxyJ.jpg

swjQ1vq.jpg

To the OP....:ufdup:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I liked black panther but I won't lie, there was one questionable moment for me

Instead of running to General Ross and snitching, why didn't he just slap the shyt out of Black Widow at the airport?:stopitslime:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I liked black panther but I won't lie, there was one questionable moment for me

Instead of running to General Ross and snitching, why didn't he just slap the shyt out of Black Widow at the airport?:stopitslime:

Maybe He doesn't need to hit women... :yeshrug: Besides if he smacked widow what makes you think stark and the rest of them would let that slide??? :jbhmm:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
i'm not saying he wasn't cool, or that i didn't enjoy seeing him in action... but to me it felt like he came out of left field and didn't really add anything to the story. the movie was already had so much going on, you could easily write him out.

Nah, I liked his introduction, he didn't feel like a burden it felt like a welcome side story more than anything. He might not have added to the plot overall but he was a nice sight to see...