I don't mean to be sexist but too many women on ESPN...

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Your thoughts are important. If you actually sit and watch it and have an understanding, then it's ok. It's just not cool for women to bring emotion into a situation that needs no emotion. Sports is a release and most of the time women trying to add emotion into it is a frustration for men.
You've gotta be fukking kidding me. :laff:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
These dudes live sports everyday of their lives.

Windhorst has been covering LeBron James since he was in diapers.
Bill Simmons is the one who produced the entire 30 for 30 series and Grantland, the website

Those are two of the WORST examples you could use.

Virtually none of the dudes on ESPN have no or less than 20, 30 years of sports experience.

Guys like Woody Paige and Skip Bayless have been covering sports since before we were all alive.

Nobody's complaining about Jackie McMullan and Linda Cohn, because they're experienced and legit. The rest of those broads, even my beloved Cari are no where near as qualified as they should be to do those jobs.
You're highlighting my exact point, there are women who know sports as well as any of them dudes who you just caped for "live sports everyday of their lives"...ok...,and I can't believe you defended windhordst like he's done anything of merit a woman can't. Anyway, tons of women been following the game, just as passionate and knowledgeable but won't make tv because they're not pretty. While the cari's and Molly's etc get tv gigs without the qualifications. It's because of women constantly being put in the eye candy peripheral roles that you guys make threads talking about women don't know/shouldn't discuss sports.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Man do women even support their own leagues? I don't think I've ever heard a conversation in which women were just kicking it about the WNBA. More than anything, women just want to belong to what men are doing, and due to feminist organizations, they are sprinkling them all over men's sports in the name of 'equality'.
that's really a deeper issue and your comment shows exactly how yall don't understand how gender affects things.i grew up playing basketball and what was clear from the get-go was no one cared about women's ball...it is what it is. when playing in HS , i quickly found out i'd be more relevant to conversations and understanding the sport by going to men's games as opposed to PLAYING in my own. there are very few sports where women garner the same (or close to the same) attention and accolades as men, but the big 4, even soccer, are not. if you want to make a career in sports, you have to know the the sports people care about, has nothing to do with trying to be "all over men's sports". lastly, men monopolize women's sports too in ways no one would ever allow women to do with men - think of all the male head coaches, women are not afforded that with men's teams, commentating is given to men, and on and on. sports in general is dominated by men and it's an uphill battle to get in as a woman, especially if you're not willing to be a side attraction

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
females (including my wife) just want to be where the party is at. They dont care about the rules of the game, stats, position groupings or how shyt comes together to work correctly, all they are there for is to do shots during touch downs and yell when things go right or wrong. It is what it is.

:snoop:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This is a good point... or any sport for that matter.
how often does a GROUP of women all like sports like that? i got 1-2 homegirls who are really into sports, we'll chop it up about games, other than that, my other friends are just gossiping about players. the fact that fewer women are into sports doesn't diminish the fact that there are women who are knowledgeable about the game.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
how often does a GROUP of women all like sports like that? i got 1-2 homegirls who are really into sports, we'll chop it up about games, other than that, my other friends are just gossiping about players. the fact that fewer women are into sports doesn't diminish the fact that there are women who are knowledgeable about the game.

I'm saying, in general women dont fukk with sports. If enough women supported the wnba it would be much bigger than it is and not just some corny sideshow.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
i mean all this talk... all these theories... SEX SELLS

i know it's supposed to be sports and we supposed to not care... but why do we have cheerleaders? and why do they have to look amazing? and be fit? and wear skimpy shyt?

espn, fox news, cnn, your local tv spot... they all get the same news... usually within the same 5 minute span... the same weather... the same scores

so they figure 1 channel has a hot lady in a short skirt with big boobs... and the other station has some white guy telling you the same thing.......

women will want to watch the woman... men will want to watch the woman
I don't know if that's true in sports as much as you making it seem. When I and most people goto games they don't even pay attention to the cheerleaders. Personally I'm talking to my boys/girls watching the game. When watching sports shows if they on there cool but if not I'm watching all dude shows and not wondering where the women at. I don't mind them at all if they know what they talking about just like the males but specifically needing them on the show nah.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm saying, in general women dont fukk with sports. If enough women supported the wnba it would be much bigger than it is and not just some corny sideshow.
why do women need to support women's sports? they don't support men's sports in droves. why can't men support women's sports as well, a bigger portion of you call yourselves sports fans, but won't open your mind to watching women compete or doing something like go to a water polo game. this has nothing to do with women needing to be one way or the other, it has to do with men accepting women in the world of sports - both as players, coaches, and voices

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
why do women need to support women's sports? they don't support men's sports in droves. why can't men support women's sports as well, a bigger portion of you call yourselves sports fans, but won't open your mind to watching women compete or doing something like go to a water polo game. this has nothing to do with women needing to be one way or the other, it has to do with men accepting women in the world of sports - both as players, coaches, and voices

Look we know why most men don't watch women's sports. The question is why arent women watching and supporting it like that when it caters solely to them?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't know if that's true in sports as much as you making it seem. When I and most people goto games they don't even pay attention to the cheerleaders. Personally I'm talking to my boys/girls watching the game. When watching sports shows if they on there cool but if not I'm watching all dude shows and not wondering where the women at. I don't mind them at all if they know what they talking about just like the males but specifically needing them on the show nah.
what i'm saying is they don't NEED them... but they are putting them there for some reason..

it's either sex or fairness... and since these women ALWAYS look good... except that fat chick on espn... i'm pretty sure it's sex

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
what i'm saying is they don't NEED them... but they are putting them there for some reason..

it's either sex or fairness... and since these women ALWAYS look good... except that fat chick on espn... i'm pretty sure it's sex
Oh ok I can agree with that. Just read it wrong. My bad

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:mjlol: @ this thread title

The...the...the...the...the...the...the...the coli dot com.....