I don't mean to be sexist but too many women on ESPN...

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Your response is the exact reason why I wouldn't try to talk about sports with a guy. Because no matter how much college football I watch on a Saturday, how many Friday night fights, or the fact that I watch Mike and Mike every morning while getting ready for work my opinion is still null and void because I have a vagina.

Your thoughts are important. If you actually sit and watch it and have an understanding, then it's ok. It's just not cool for women to bring emotion into a situation that needs no emotion. Sports is a release and most of the time women trying to add emotion into it is a frustration for men.

Daps
Your thoughts are important. If you actually sit and watch it and have an understanding, then it's ok. It's just not cool for women to bring emotion into a situation that needs no emotion. Sports is a release and most of the time women trying to add emotion into it is a frustration for men.
Wasn't aware that women brought emotions to sports. I usually watch and leave it at that. But I started talking sports with one of my bosses. Every since then he always gives me his box seats when he doesn't go to the games So, I guess he doesn't mind me talking about " what happened in the game last night."

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Wasn't aware that women brought emotions to sports. I usually watch and leave it at that. But I started talking sports with one of my bosses. Every since then he always gives me his box seats when he doesn't go to the games So, I guess he doesn't mind me talking about " what happened in the game last night."

Some women can do sports without emotion......I didn't mean every woman.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Your response is the exact reason why I wouldn't try to talk about sports with a guy. Because no matter how much college football I watch on a Saturday, how many Friday night fights, or the fact that I watch Mike and Mike every morning while getting ready for work my opinion is still null and void because I have a vagina.

Watching Mike & Mike is what voids it
Nah but seriously if you know what you talking about that's all that matters
I've just seen too many females who run with whatever opinion they see or hear on social media

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I wanna fukk her so bad

dorisdribbles.0.gif
are you fukking serious :dahell: this cave bytch hates us Africans...... you must miss the thread where she was shytin on black athletics for making a award show where other players are giving awards out to each other

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
t*ts and ass

ALL news is getting like this. I watch channels across the board and just about every station has models reading the headlines. Even Al Jazeera's got a lot of hotties on air. And, they dress like they're heading to the club after work :noah:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Where do you work?

are you fukking serious :dahell: this cave bytch hates us Africans...... you must miss the thread where she was shytin on black athletics for making a award show where other players are giving awards out to each other

What thread?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

Because male fans NEVER bring emotion into the game, right?

:mjlol:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I don't know how I feel bout this...on one hand I have a daughter and she should be able to go in any industry and get busy...but I do feel like guys need something for guys, not that sports belong to guys, but I just remember when ESPN felt like a guys "thing":francis:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
The problem is is that it's dishonest. I've thought about this myself.

The only reason they're doing this is because the combination of that book "These Guys Have All The Fun", which exposed all the debauchery that goes on there, and the Ray Rice/Greg Hardy situations that put a spotlight on the relationships between women and sports, and the various sexual harassment lawsuits that happened over the years. It's just like the rest of the corporate society that only props up token Blacks, women, or Hispanics when it's convenient for them.

Then, they hire women who are really attractive (Cari Champion, Molly Qerim, Britt McHenry) as eye candy, but won't admit that they're eye candy.

It's way more honest the way that Latin TV channels do it where they have the serious people talking about sports, while chicks in short shorts and with their titties out hanging out in the background and just introducing the segments

Can't forget, that some people on this board hate women.

Talking about the experience in sports, what experience do the male non-former athletes like Stephen A, Bayless, Michael Smith, Bomani, Lebatard etc etc have?

Um, decades of journalistic experience each.

Skip Bayless has been covering sports for 45 years.
Stephen A. for almost 25
Bomani 15
Lebatard 20

You can't be serious, right?

Please, you got Harvard nerds like Pablo torre or fat never exercised in their lives dudes like windhorst, and stans like Simmons all over TV...nothing these men bring to analysis and reporting that a woman can't. Again, the issue is these channels put them there as eye candy or in subordinate roles and it fukks up women being able to be taken seriously in the field.

These dudes live sports everyday of their lives.

Windhorst has been covering LeBron James since he was in diapers.
Bill Simmons is the one who produced the entire 30 for 30 series and Grantland, the website

Those are two of the WORST examples you could use.

Virtually none of the dudes on ESPN have no or less than 20, 30 years of sports experience.

Guys like Woody Paige and Skip Bayless have been covering sports since before we were all alive.

Nobody's complaining about Jackie McMullan and Linda Cohn, because they're experienced and legit. The rest of those broads, even my beloved Cari are no where near as qualified as they should be to do those jobs.

You haven't watched how Michelle Beadle and Cari Champion and Jemelle Hill have been acting during the whole Ray Rice/Floyd Mayweather situations?

Men never cared about what athletes did in their personal time.
We never required our athletes to be good guys because we're not emotional like that.

We knew guys beat their wives or were racist or druggies and drunks, but never really cared that much as long as they performed on the field.

Now, we have to have guys to be "role models" and "respect women & children" and be "good guys" and all this bullshyt that has nothing to do with sports.

It's the reason SportsCenter has to do all these stories on handicapped kids and dude's mothers and wives and shyt is because of the emotion that women bring to sports.

Men just want to talk about the game/match, women want to talk about all the other ancillary bullshyt and it's infuriating to watch a lot of time