I don't mean to be sexist but too many women on ESPN...

Spence

Superstar
Daps
why do women need to support women's sports? they don't support men's sports in droves. why can't men support women's sports as well, a bigger portion of you call yourselves sports fans, but won't open your mind to watching women compete or doing something like go to a water polo game. this has nothing to do with women needing to be one way or the other, it has to do with men accepting women in the world of sports - both as players, coaches, and voices
Breh, have you actually watched a WNBA game or womens soccer match? Nobody wants to watch that diluted shyt when men complete physical activities at a much more impressive rate then women,

They are too proud they wont even lower the fkn goal so these bytches can dunk :beli:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Look we know why most men don't watch women's sports. The question is why arent women watching and supporting it like that when it caters solely to them?
how does it cater to them? because they're playing? everything you're saying is exactly why women's sports and women in sports don't flourish

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Nah, I hate babies. But I like to watch them use the pump or just squirt the milk:francis:

giphy.gif

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know this comes off as fukked up but I wanna see skin. fukk all this modern aged shyt I wanna see ass and titties, ass, ass and titties. Why else are they their for?
Go to Spanish weather channels for that :sas1:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
You're highlighting my exact point, there are women who know sports as well as any of them dudes who you just caped for "live sports everyday of their lives"...ok...,and I can't believe you defended windhordst like he's done anything of merit a woman can't. Anyway, tons of women been following the game, just as passionate and knowledgeable but won't make tv because they're not pretty. While the cari's and Molly's etc get tv gigs without the qualifications. It's because of women constantly being put in the eye candy peripheral roles that you guys make threads talking about women don't know/shouldn't discuss sports.

It's not just about knowing the sports.

it's about putting the work in.

Like I said, Brian Windhorst has been covering Lebron since he was like in the 6th grade. He's ingratiated himself as almost a member of his family. He followed him to high-school, Cleveland, Miami, and now back to Cleveland.

His career has been (literally) following LeBron James, not just watching him, but putting his nose to the grind.

that's really a deeper issue and your comment shows exactly how yall don't understand how gender affects things.i grew up playing basketball and what was clear from the get-go was no one cared about women's ball...it is what it is. when playing in HS , i quickly found out i'd be more relevant to conversations and understanding the sport by going to men's games as opposed to PLAYING in my own. there are very few sports where women garner the same (or close to the same) attention and accolades as men, but the big 4, even soccer, are not. if you want to make a career in sports, you have to know the the sports people care about, has nothing to do with trying to be "all over men's sports". lastly, men monopolize women's sports too in ways no one would ever allow women to do with men - think of all the male head coaches, women are not afforded that with men's teams, commentating is given to men, and on and on. sports in general is dominated by men and it's an uphill battle to get in as a woman, especially if you're not willing to be a side attraction

There's a lot more men who know what they're doing than women in relation to basketball.

If there's 1,000 good basketball coaches in America 950 of them are men, THAT is why Geno Auriemma and them are dominating women's sports. They're more qualified. When Pat Summit was doing her thing, we all gave her props.

Women dominate tennis. Nobody in this country knows a damn thing about men's tennis. Serena/Sharapova are more famous than any man in tennis.
Ronda Rousey/Miesha Tate are more famous than any dudes doing MMA in this country by 100x.
Figure skating
Gymnastics
A ton of the olympic sports are more female oriented.
Danica Patrick is more famous than any dude in NASCAR and has never even won a race.
Hope Solo/Alex Morgan 100x more famous than any dudes doing soccer.

People watch what they want to watch. Somethings they want to watch women do, somethings they want to watch men do. Is that a crime?

how often does a GROUP of women all like sports like that? i got 1-2 homegirls who are really into sports, we'll chop it up about games, other than that, my other friends are just gossiping about players. the fact that fewer women are into sports doesn't diminish the fact that there are women who are knowledgeable about the game.

And how is it men's place to compensate for the fact that most women don't care about sports?

why do women need to support women's sports? they don't support men's sports in droves. why can't men support women's sports as well, a bigger portion of you call yourselves sports fans, but won't open your mind to watching women compete or doing something like go to a water polo game. this has nothing to do with women needing to be one way or the other, it has to do with men accepting women in the world of sports - both as players, coaches, and voices

Actually, women make up 45% of the NFL's fanbase :francis:
Report spotlights female NFL fans - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

If y'all choose to watch men's sports, but not support y'all own, that's Y'ALL problem

How is it more men's responsibility to watch women's sports than women are:what:?

That would be like me saying it's White people's responsibility to listen to Black music as much as it is Black people's. That's retarded logic. Hip-Hop is Black music. Black people SHOULD be the ones supporting it. Now, if other people want to support it, great, but it's ours first and foremost and we should feel an obligation to not let other's ruin our culture.

Women should be the same way OR stop complaining about people not wanting to watch the WNBA.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
that's really a deeper issue and your comment shows exactly how yall don't understand how gender affects things.i grew up playing basketball and what was clear from the get-go was no one cared about women's ball...it is what it is. when playing in HS , i quickly found out i'd be more relevant to conversations and understanding the sport by going to men's games as opposed to PLAYING in my own. there are very few sports where women garner the same (or close to the same) attention and accolades as men, but the big 4, even soccer, are not. if you want to make a career in sports, you have to know the the sports people care about, has nothing to do with trying to be "all over men's sports". lastly, men monopolize women's sports too in ways no one would ever allow women to do with men - think of all the male head coaches, women are not afforded that with men's teams, commentating is given to men, and on and on. sports in general is dominated by men and it's an uphill battle to get in as a woman, especially if you're not willing to be a side attraction
Man get out of your feelings. Are you going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that cari champion or that other cac beadle have as much experience or talent as skip bayless, stephen a, bill simmons, or the other established presenters many of who are seasoned sports reporters and authors?

This isn't even a gender issue as much as it is a shytty ESPN HR issue. they are clearly putting female bimobs on simply for eye candy. If anything this hurts serious women sports enthusiasts that aren't blessed with modelesque physiques.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
After watching these two chicks (a white one and a black one) on ESPN cream themselves over Matt Harvey without asking some of the harder questions, I'm inclined to agree. Though in some fairness, I think it speaks to the type of women ESPN tends to bring on and it caters to a pre-dominantly white male audience.