”I Don’t Know What The fukk They’re Doing With Jey” - Rikishi

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Bron about to get the IC strap and GUNTHER about to get a world title run. Y’all better pray Jey has a chance at the Rumble, but you might even be setting yourself up for disappointment. :skip:

Maybe he dethrones Bron by the end of the year for the IC title, or wins it at Mania. He ain’t winning neither belt anytime soon. :ld:

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Gunther and
Bron about to get the IC strap and GUNTHER about to get a world title run. Y’all better pray Jey has a chance at the Rumble, but you might even be setting yourself up for disappointment. :skip:

Maybe he dethrones Bron by the end of the year for the IC title, or wins it at Mania. He ain’t winning neither belt anytime soon. :ld:

Gunther and priest aren’t half as over either. Laveck is a terrorist.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
if LA Knight wins at SS, look how long it took him to get a midcard title. 2 years?

Jey is barely in year one, right? Maybe he gets the IC belt in a few months. The only thing to consider is if Trips can keep him interesting enough and the crowd continues to support him.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I think we overrated Jey alot coming off of the GOAT storyline in modern wrestling.

He’s good but not that good. I do believe that they made him more corny with the Yeet shyt. It went from being completely organic to down right corny and cringey now.

His matches haven’t been must see either. You pay to see the entrance, his promo work and chant YEET! That’s it.

born of fire

sherri martel stan account
Supporter
Daps
he’s been on tv constantly for the last few years, got himself really over with two different personas (disrespected family member and silly catchphrase machine), has a variety of different kinds of fans that really go up for him… he’s having a career a lot of guys wish they could even have a quarter of.

he won. other guys need the title more than him.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I agree with Rikishi

Jey uso is super over, main eventing raw . Always getting pop, been in big matches against roman etc. yet where is the gold?

No money in the bank no king of the ring.

Coli loves to be on this he can't wrestle trope

99 percent of folks would rather see a jey uso march than a borespreay on aew

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if getting "Yeet" over is what's screwing over Jey. I think he might've pigeonholed himself into somewhat of a comedy gimmick.

Anyway, I don't think HHH cares about match quality either. If he did he wouldn't be pushing people like Karion Kross, Sonya Deville and her stable, Maxine, anda bunch of others who he attempted to push. WWE has a bunch of work rate guys like Gargano, Dunne, Ciampa, and others. However, nobody buys a WWE ticket to watch those guys ,but they purchase a ticket to watch entertainers like Jey Uso and LA Knight.

HHH long-term booking strategy can geninuely screw people over because the right move for Jey was to take the title from Gunther at mania. Instead HHH fell into his long-term booking trap and booked brother vs brother that flopped. Sami didn't need the Gunther win, but Jey needed it instead to push him as a credible singles wrestler. Plus, if they're not going to give Jey a title run like they're giving Priest. Then they're really dropping the ball because they should be pushing Jey while the iron is hot. At the moment, he still doesn't have a signature win and if they continue to book him like this. Then people might lose interest and he'll fall off