Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
DdkerNd.jpeg

Roasted Salmon, cabbage and butternut squash with a yoghurt and tahini dressing and sprinkled with chilli oil

all this time, I assumed u were a dude.

that said, do u eat the salmon skin? I don't like it and ALWAYS give it to my dog.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I've been using kosher salt for years now.

and the reason being is you can actually see it when u put it on food. table salt is invisible, so it's hard to see if u are using too much. plus u cannot grab a pinch of table salt when u are cooking/seasoning.

didn't even think about the iodine part, but like I said, I don't use table salt when I'm cooking anyways.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
all this time, I assumed u were a dude.

that said, do u eat the salmon skin? I don't like it and ALWAYS give it to my dog.
Who on here is giving out my secrets?

I do eat salmon skin, if I pan fry it and it’s super crispy yes, you gotta make sure u scale it properly tho, nothing worse than scaly fish skin. A lot of the omega oils are in the skin, plus collagen. Don’t miss out. I recently restarted my collagen routine, plump everything. I buy collagen that is 123 56 10 which means it has all the collagen that’s good for your body some collagen supplements only have 123.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Brown stew chicken recipe.This is the way I make it, don’t fight me over how your mom makes it please.

Ingredients are 2 Kilos of leg and thigh - skinned with larger pieces cut into two. Do not use breast at all, please use thigh.
You should soak the meat in a vinegar and water solution to get rid of slime from under the skin.

I then brined my meat in salt and sugar solution for a couple hours because I was being lazy. This step is optional.
Dry Rub seasonings are usually a mix of the below with some ingredients being optional but by and large the same.

Onion powder
Garlic Powder
Paprika
Coarse black pepper
Pimento (allspice) 6/7
Clove 3/4 you can grind them up but it’s not essential
Salt (if you brined your meat you can skip this step) if not salt to taste maybe 2 teaspoons, as the meat cooks you can add more or top up with water or a pinch of sugar to combat salt levels
MSG - don’t @ me if you don’t want to use it. I always do.
Ginger powder
Coriander seed powder

All of the above is for marinating your meat, you can do this overnight or for a couple of hours

Before cooking prepare the fresh ingredients
1 large onion chopped
1 medium tomato
1 scallion (spring onion)
2 whole bay leaf
3 small carrots
1 medium waxy potato peeled and diced
1 scotch bonnet whole in chopped or a slice bits of the flesh off to ur desired level of spicyness
Fresh Thyme (Dried will not do here, it’s a different flavour compound and just isn’t the same)
1\2 red bell pepper diced
2 thumb sized pieces of ginger smashed with the back of your knife
3 tablespoons granulated sugar for browning
2 cups boiling hot water
1 teaspoon Tomato paste
Method:

Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium with a neutral oil
When the oil is hot add the sugar mixing enough to coat the sugar in the oil. You are going to be making a caramel here in which to brown your chicken. It may take 5 minutes or so of occasional stirring but watch it otherwise it will burn and not give you the desired effect. Stir till the sugar is caramelised a little past the colour of standard caramel.

Add all your marinated chicken at once stirring to coat all the chicken in the caramel. Stir roughly every 2 mins or so moving the meat around the pot and making sure the meat isn’t sticking. Once the chicken has a rich reddish brown colour. I add in all the fresh seasonings and a teaspoon or so of tomato paste and stir again the same as before to prevent sticking and to achieve even coating.
Once all the meat has browned and the fresh seasonings have sweated I add hot water, just enough to cover the meat.
Cover the pot and turn down to a simmer for about 20 mins till the meat is cooked through. Stirring occasionally to make sure there’s no sticking and the liquid hasn’t dried out, if so I top it up and cook for another ten minutes. Serve with white rice, Rice and peas, mash potatoes or whatever.

Posting here as a bunch of ppl asked me for the recipe.

Also BUMP

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
:whew:

I never had beef wellington, but I've seen videos of it being prepared on youtube. u put in some work.
These actually came together really easy. It’s a lotta short cuts you can take. I used individual fillet mignon cuts instead of one big tenderlion. And u can use store bought pastry dough.
Really the only time consuming part is chopping the mushrooms and cooking them down. Otherwise, it’s just a matter of putting on a layer of prosciutto, mushroom duxelles, djion mustard and steak fillets into the pastry, folding it and baking it.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Now y
C7MEmdU.jpg

Lemon pepper pork chop on cheesy grits with garlic spinach, balsamic tomatoes, roasted beets, broccolini and carrots topped with feta accompanied by a sweet and spicy pepper jelly.
Now you know GOOOOD AND WELL…how much I love me some grits!
Husband made some this morning with candied pork belly and cheese eggs. This looks amazing!