Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:lupe: @bdizzle What exactly is a "Butter Biscuit" that Tariq is always referring to? And does anyone have a good recipe?

Straight from Paula Deen :mjgrin:

Check out what I found on the Paula Deen Network!Biscuits

biscuits2_1.jpg

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Jollof rice served with grilled plaintain, mixed vegetables and sweet chilli chicken wings:
yq04xXB.jpg

@tizabelle Could you please give me some tips on how to take good pictures?
Sure - lighting is important. Natural lighting is best if you can as artificial light can give a blue or yellow tint. You can use a light from directly over head or off to the side.

Ensure that ur lighting is not too harsh to cast a shadow. You can get a photography umbrella to soften the shadow.

Flash can be yout enemy. It can create a yellow glow on your picture and also add shadow.

Angles - You can shoot from directly overhead or at a 45 degree angle. Not all images need to be shot in the same way. Sometimes I shoot from the bottom uo to add height. This is good for burgers and stacked items.

Pick ur background well. Not too busy but u want to show activity. But you dont want it to look too staged, you want it to look as if you walked in and found the table just like that mid activity.

Plating. Plating is important,matte plates are the best, no reflection, no fingerprints. You can use a chopping board or a platter of some kind that has lots of space to avoid your plate looking too cluttered. I wouldn't use anything that has patterns on it as it can distract from your food.

Power lines. Imagine the area you are shooting is like a grid. There are key points on a grid that you can place items. I need to do more research on this.

Power of 3s. Three of anything looks good. You have to ends a middle. Even if you line them up single file. When you take a pic you can also try occupying only 1/3 of the table. This way the shot isnt too busy, looks organised and clean.

Props - props are very important it can bring the shot together. Add interest to the picture add background and context. Ensure these do not distract from your food. They must be placed correctly in order to add to the story.

Focus. Very very important, images must be in focus. Crisp and clear; the eye is naturally drawn to images in focus. You can however use out of focus items to draw attention to what u want to be the main attraction, bluring things out in the background shows activity but still allows u to focus on the main item.

I hope that helps. Any photographers please chime in to correct anything or add more info. I would love some help too.

Daps
tumblr_onzjg3ckXa1rl83wco1_500.jpg

Acelga Chimichanga: Swiss chard, zucchini, squash, red onion, garlic, red onion, and Monterey Jack cheese. In a fried flour tortilla, over avocado salsa..

tumblr_onzhsl08pk1rl83wco1_500.jpg

surf, turf & dirt: sauteed shrimp.. hangar steak w/black cherry sauce & Valentina.. succotash(sauteed barn, white onion, corn & pinto beans finished in tequila reduction).. served over fresh spinach..

tumblr_onzhxbtyhL1rl83wco1_500.jpg

chipotle-arandano carnitas torta w/lime slaw, crema & caramelized onions..

tumblr_onzi7cZhj81rl83wco1_500.jpg

watermelon & mango skewers w/Tajin & crema served over agave & sea salt..

tumblr_onzib4BBUv1rl83wco1_500.jpg

chipotle guacomole..

tumblr_onzig1cirz1rl83wco1_500.jpg

carnitas sopes w/lime slaw, corn salsa, cotija, cilantro, Valentina & diced avocado..

tumblr_onzirqXyfg1rl83wco1_500.jpg

potato, calabacitas & avocado quesadilla w/cotija cheese & cilantro..

:salute: