Reppin
Pawgistan
funny-gif-old-man-fight.gif

giphy.gif

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what should i do with these scotch bonnet peppers i picked up? i know they're used in caribbean dishes but what else can i use them in?:feedme:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
what should i do with these scotch bonnet peppers i picked up? i know they're used in caribbean dishes but what else can i use them in?:feedme:

Depends what you're trying to make. If you're making a soup or a stew, throw the whole pepper in the pot but make sure the pepper doesn't explode/break, it'll ruin your food. Also if you cut the pepper up, make sure you don't include the seeds because that's the hottest part of the pepper.

And don't get that shyt in your eyes :whoa:

I made that mistake as a kid and had a nikka look like martin

5fffa91126c862fd545e5bbe8853d60e.jpg

krioro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NL/SU
Depends what you're trying to make. If you're making a soup or a stew, throw the whole pepper in the pot but make sure the pepper doesn't explode/break, it'll ruin your food. Also if you cut the pepper up, make sure you don't include the seeds because that's the hottest part of the pepper.

The hottest part of a pepper is the placental material surrounding the seeds. The seeds themselves are not hot, although capsaicin typically gets on the surface of the seeds from contact with the surrounding tissue.

I agree on using caution, of course. I eat these things raw but if you're not used to it, you'll be having a bad time.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The hottest part of a pepper is the placental material surrounding the seeds. The seeds themselves are not hot, although capsaicin typically gets on the surface of the seeds from contact with the surrounding tissue.

I agree on using caution, of course. I eat these things raw but if you're not used to it, you'll be having a bad time.

You eat Scotch bonnet raw?

:duck:

SunGod

All Star
Daps

5fffa91126c862fd545e5bbe8853d60e.jpg
Nothing wrong with cutting it up in your food if you're brave enough.

:jawalrus:

krioro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NL/SU
You eat Scotch bonnet raw?

:duck:

Yes. I'm Surinamese. We eat these a lot, with everything:

Adjuma - Wikipedia

Madame Jeanette - Wikipedia

They're similar to Scotch Bonnet. Adjuma can pack more heat, apparently. I personally eat Scotch Bonnet as well when I come across them (here in The Netherlands).

Mind you, I'm a heat freak and used to it. Eating these peppers raw isn't for everyone. Nor the best choice for your health if you do it all the time. People get perforated intestines from chomping on them too much.

Nothing wrong with cutting it up in your food if you're brave enough.

:jawalrus:

:salute:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yes. I'm Surinamese. We eat these a lot, with everything:

Adjuma - Wikipedia

Madame Jeanette - Wikipedia

They're similar to Scotch Bonnet. Adjuma can pack more heat, apparently. I personally eat Scotch Bonnet as well when I come across them (here in The Netherlands).

Mind you, I'm a heat freak and used to it. Eating these peppers raw isn't for everyone. Nor the best choice for your health if you do it all the time. People get perforated intestines from chomping on them too much.

:salute:

I know, which is why I'm calling :duck: on you eating them like their snacks

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Lol not like they're snacks. Just raw with my food. Like many people in the Caribbean. I ain't special.

Anyway, you don't have to believe me. :manny:

Breh, my family is Jamaican and I've been eating Scotch bonnets since I was a child and I've been cooking with them since I was 12.

But you're not gonna convince me you ouchea eating raw Scotch bonnet whole breh :dame:

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
I bought a big ass pack of chicken legs and a big ass bottle of oil and I'm gonna try to make some fried chicken this week.

I hope that recipe is legit because your rep depends on it :ufdup:
i made it. it's good...might wanna dial back on the spices...but that's me.
make sure your brine is salty and you cut little slits in the meat for it to penetrate the chicken, and also make sure the flour is seasoned.

krioro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NL/SU
Breh, my family is Jamaican and I've been eating Scotch bonnets since I was a child and I've been cooking with them since I was 12.

But you're not gonna convince me you ouchea eating raw Scotch bonnet whole breh :dame:

Whole? No, I didn't say that. :whoa: I'm not putting a whole pepper in my mouth at once. :dame::heh:

Tempted to try now though. :lupe:

Not going to though.
904272397c9ac80de56eb1717722f8be.png