Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Always brine your chicken before cooking it. Add 4 tablespoons of table salt to 4 cups of water and stir the water until the salt dissolves. Put the chicken in the water and put it in the fridge for a minimum of 90 minutes (you can do it overnight if you want). Take the chicken out rinse it off, then season it however. Dont add salt because the brine salted the chicken already.

It'll be the moistest peice of meat you've ever had in your mouth :dame:
I just did a Google image search for "brining chicken". What's the difference between brining Chicken & marinating chicken?

Brining infuses salt and moisture to the meat and marinating just adds flavor.

Y'all need to step your culinary game up :scust:
Do you have to use salt when brining Chicken? Can you use another seasoning like Lemon Pepper or BBQ seasoning?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Do you have to use salt when brining Chicken? Can you use another seasoning like Lemon Pepper or BBQ seasoning?

You can add other shyt to the brine if you want, but you still have to include salt. The salt is what makes the meat moist.

I've used thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, and brown sugar before. I've only used brown sugar when brining pork and that came out good.

If it's chicken though I just stick with salt and water. As long as you use the right ratio of salt to water, you can add anything else to it you want.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Made some home fettuccine alfredo with grilled asparagus and home made egg pasta and alfredo sauce.

hLx9bWy.jpg

5X5EKSy.jpg

SbW7pKK.jpg