Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Daps
tumblr_oj1axxvu6H1rl83wco1_500.jpg

sweet & spicy steak tips w/apple onion jam & country cabbage..

tumblr_ojc9uvuelb1rl83wco1_500.jpg

buttermilk fried chicken breast served w/roasted red potatoes, sautéed broccoli & chipotle pimento cheese sauce..

tumblr_ojmk5l0n731rl83wco1_500.jpg

buffalo seitan tacos w/celery slaw & bleu cheese dressing..

tumblr_ojqr5lgo0p1rl83wco1_500.jpg

Brussels sprout & cheddar soup..

tumblr_ojsfe567iF1rl83wco1_500.jpg

deviled-egg with mock tuna salad(tofu, vegan mayo, grilled veggies, nori, cayenne, tamari & Old Bay seasoning)..

tumblr_okm4w19cXb1rl83wco1_500.jpg

beer battered cremini mushrooms w/orange teriyaki sauce served w/stir-fry veggies(red peppers, bok choi, red cabbageh, sprouts, white & red onions) & brown rice..

:salute:

raidersreceiver

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Portland, OR
Always brine your chicken before cooking it. Add 4 tablespoons of table salt to 4 cups of water and stir the water until the salt dissolves. Put the chicken in the water and put it in the fridge for a minimum of 90 minutes (you can do it overnight if you want). Take the chicken out rinse it off, then season it however. Dont add salt because the brine salted the chicken already.

It'll be the moistest peice of meat you've ever had in your mouth :dame:
man you changed my life, I brined my meat for a good 15+ hrs then put some teriyaki sauce and put them bytches in the oven. Best chicken drumsticks I've ever had

Daps
man you changed my life, I brined my meat for a good 15+ hrs then put some teriyaki sauce and put them bytches in the oven. Best chicken drumsticks I've ever had
you can also brine veggies, to taste like exactly proteins.. :mjpls:

depending on what youre doing.. most brines are made from the simplest items you rarely/ever use: sweet tea.. flavored soda.. even, basic stocks made of veggie ends/cuts & meat/fat you throw away doing your mize..

never throw away food.. :whoo:

and, if you dont want to use sugar.. your possibilities are also ridiculous..

cookin is not a science.. baking, is.. keep that in mind moving forward.. theres no "recipes" in cooking.. its an art..

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Every time I make chicken I can't eat it the next day cause it's dry af. What tips do you have breh.

Always brine your chicken before cooking it. Add 4 tablespoons of table salt to 4 cups of water and stir the water until the salt dissolves. Put the chicken in the water and put it in the fridge for a minimum of 90 minutes (you can do it overnight if you want). Take the chicken out rinse it off, then season it however. Dont add salt because the brine salted the chicken already.

It'll be the moistest peice of meat you've ever had in your mouth :dame:

you can also brine veggies, to taste like exactly proteins.. :mjpls:

depending on what youre doing.. most brines are made from the simplest items you rarely/ever use: sweet tea.. flavored soda.. even, basic stocks made of veggie ends/cuts & meat/fat you throw away doing your mize..

never throw away food.. :whoo:

and, if you dont want to use sugar.. your possibilities are also ridiculous..

cookin is not a science.. baking, is.. keep that in mind moving forward.. theres no "recipes" in cooking.. its an art..

I just did a Google image search for "brining chicken". What's the difference between brining Chicken & marinating chicken?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Now try making your own sauces from scratch. Chicken fettuccini with home made Alfredo sauce and fresh egg pasta :banderas:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I just did a Google image search for "brining chicken". What's the difference between brining Chicken & marinating chicken?

Brining infuses salt and moisture to the meat and marinating just adds flavor.

Y'all need to step your culinary game up :scust:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Now try making your own sauces from scratch. Chicken fettuccini with home made Alfredo sauce and fresh egg pasta :banderas:
Show me breh
You can find a recipe on this new dope website I found called Google, you should try it out :mjgrin:

Here's a couple videos from that Carnal Dish/Chef Resha chick I follow on Twitter:

Fresh pasta is the bees knees. It cooks in about 2 minutes, you can't be that!
Fresh Pasta recipe here: How to Make Fool-Proof Fresh Pasta | CarnalDish

Fresh pasta MAKES this dish. Stop using that trash "alfredo" gloop in a jar, you can easily make your own and make it 20x better. I've already shown you how to make fresh pasta, so here's how to make a creamy and decadent alfredo sauce. Receive your blessings and get your life.
Alfredo recipe here: Fettuccine Alfredo with Toasted Breadcrumbs | CarnalDish