Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
we get those hello fresh boxes to our house. one day when I remember to do it, I'll upload a shot of my dinner that night.

Haven't seen a review on that one, but Blue Apron seems like a great thing. A lot more expensive than I'm willing to go but I wish you could buy ingredients in small sizes like they offer.

When you cook for 1 or 2, buying stuff using a small amount and then it sits unused till you have to throw it out is very wasteful.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
any of ya'll mess with cast iron skillets? i got this set a few years ago and i love it. i got the whole set for 65 but now its 115 on amazon.

jrpg9g.jpg

i use these things for pretty much everything. buttermilk pancakes from scratch on the flat skillet. cornbread from scratch in the deep skillet. I've made lasagna in it, roasted/fried chicken,rib eye, fish. pretty much everything. it distributes the heat evenly so everything cooks well. only thing i dont use them for are boiling or sauces.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
any of ya'll mess with cast iron skillets? i got this set a few years ago and i love it. i got the whole set for 65 but now its 115 on amazon.

jrpg9g.jpg

i use these things for pretty much everything. buttermilk pancakes from scratch on the flat skillet. cornbread from scratch in the deep skillet. I've made lasagna in it, roasted/fried chicken,rib eye, fish. pretty much everything. it distributes the heat evenly so everything cooks well. only thing i dont use them for are boiling or sauces.

thats what I use as well, all Lodge in different sizes

all clad seems to be the new fad though

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps

jrpg9g.jpg

I'm slowly switching over to cast iron too. Its sturdier and holds up better than non stick or enamel cookware.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats what I use as well, all Lodge in different sizes

all clad seems to be the new fad though

I'm slowly switching over to cast iron too. Its sturdier and holds up better than non stick or enamel cookware.

my great aunt, who i feel is the best cook in the fam ( :dame: )always had cast iron on deck. i spent a lot of time over there hanging with my cousins and she would chef up some amazing dishes with them. i believe she actually got them from her mother when she passed. they hold great and become non stick over time. i even read that using them could possibly benefit those who are iron deficient.

all clad are cool. might get a boiler and a sauce man eventually.

Last edited:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca

jrpg9g.jpg

I have a set that I bought at an auction. Got some older cast iron pans for $5. They had a little rust but i reconditioned them and they work great. They're really heavy. I don't cook everything in cast iron though.

My main pan I use is a stainless pan.

I don't skimp when it comes to pan quality. I don't necessarily spend a lot of money(I look for great deals) but I do have high quality pans that will last a lifetime.

I'm a kitchen junkie and love to have nothing but good quality seasoned kitchen tools.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Haven't seen a review on that one, but Blue Apron seems like a great thing. A lot more expensive than I'm willing to go but I wish you could buy ingredients in small sizes like they offer.

When you cook for 1 or 2, buying stuff using a small amount and then it sits unused till you have to throw it out is very wasteful.
yeah, they're clutch. i still end up shopping for some little things but when it comes to meals, i rarely have to worry about dinners or lunches unless i want to buy out. never heard of blue apron but i assume it's the same as hellofresh; send you a box of 3+ meals once a week, quick prep type of thing, for 2 people. hellofresh you can do vegetarian options though, which is what i do. i purchase my meats from fresh market due to their tuesday and saturday sales.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a set that I bought at an auction. Got some older cast iron pans for $5. They had a little rust but i reconditioned them and they work great. They're really heavy. I don't cook everything in cast iron though.

My main pan I use is a stainless pan.

I don't skimp when it comes to pan quality. I don't necessarily spend a lot of money(I look for great deals) but I do have high quality pans that will last a lifetime.

I'm a kitchen junkie and love to have nothing but good quality seasoned kitchen tools.

i hear you breh. it really does makes a difference.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rice?

1. Rinse the baby powder off it in a strainer with warm water. Just run it under the faucet and swish it around with your hand for a minute. Til the water ain't cloudy.

2. 1 part rice to 1 1/2 parts water. 1 cup rice, then 1 1/2 cup water.

3. throw some salt in your water. Hell, you wanna get fancy, throw a season pack from some chicken ramen noodles and a teaspoon of cooking sherry in there. Hell, it's the reason I buy ramen noodles at all. :heh: It's perfect if you're gonna use leftover rice for frying the next day. I fry a lot of rice.

4. Put it on the stove and turn it on high heat with the lid off. As soon as your water starts to boil, put the lid on it and turn your heat down low. loooow. And don't take the lid off to check the rice. you won't need to check it.

5. Let it cook for about 12 minutes, then let it sit for about 3 before you take the lid off.

Your rice will be PERFECT. EVERY. TIME.

this is the water ratio i use and it comes out perfect every time. it would always fukk up when i used more water.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
my great aunt, who i feel is the best cook in the fam ( :dame: )always had cast iron on deck. i spent a lot of time over there hanging with my cousins and she would chef up some amazing dishes with them. i believe she actually got them from her mother when she passed. they hold great and become non stick over time. i even read that using them could possibly benefit those who are iron deficient.

all clad are cool. might get a boiler and a sauce man eventually.

cast iron is non stick if you season them

I like the simplicity of cleaning them, no scrubbing like with other pans

yeah, they're clutch. i still end up shopping for some little things but when it comes to meals, i rarely have to worry about dinners or lunches unless i want to buy out. never heard of blue apron but i assume it's the same as hellofresh; send you a box of 3+ meals once a week, quick prep type of thing, for 2 people. hellofresh you can do vegetarian options though, which is what i do. i purchase my meats from fresh market due to their tuesday and saturday sales.

funny you've never heard of Blue Apron its actually the bigger company and its promoted like crazy in podcast

they also offer a wine service that compliments the dishes and the bottles are only 500ml so they dont go to waste

I dont subscribe to any but I do use Blue Apron's recipe instructions to make my own dishes

Recipes - Blue Apron