Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Dinner tonight: cedar plank shrimp, made some smashed grilled potatoes in the background, and grilled veggies...washed it down with some homemade iced Moroccan mint tea (still loving the things I learned in Morocco)
30uxmxt.jpg

Brunch yesterday (humble brag - this was thrown together with shyt that was either about to go bad or I just needed to get rid of - about to start a cleanse this week, I've eaten too many carbs the past month and just feel bad on the inside): eggs baked with tomatoes, goat cheese, and spinach, topped with chives fresh from my herb garden, cream biscuits (this is a great cheat code to making biscuits from scratch), turkey bacon, cold brewed coffee, mimosa
23k3nf9.jpg

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
15002.jpg

Damn is the GOAT seasoning. I saw someone post this on IG a month or so ago. I put this on damn near everything now.
My roommate in New York put me on to this back in 2011, well her Mexican boyfriend. I mostly put it on fruit - tajin on a peach, nectarine, any type of melon, strawberries or mango :ohlawd:

When i move back to cali i introduced my mom to it, she started putting it on fish, I was :ohhh: definitely a staple in my spice rack
Just ordered this. Never seen one before but im anxious to see what this does
ive been seeing these in every fukking store lately. I read a bit about them and don't think I really have a use for it, but let me know how you use it - specifically with grilling.
This weather only made me a monster. :win:

Herb Biscuits
iAIpaVw.jpg

Banana Nuffins

Halal style chicken over rice. I dislike mayo but this white sauce, brehs.:whew: Basmati rice is the GOAT on the low. :ohlawd:
5LwLAXf.jpg

MMoW4El.jpg
i need this chicken a rice recipe breh :wow:

Chef

All Star
Daps
My roommate in New York put me on to this back in 2011, well her Mexican boyfriend. I mostly put it on fruit - tajin on a peach, nectarine, any type of melon, strawberries or mango :ohlawd:

When i move back to cali i introduced my mom to it, she started putting it on fish, I was :ohhh: definitely a staple in my spice rack
ive been seeing these in every fukking store lately. I read a bit about them and don't think I really have a use for it, but let me know how you use it - specifically with grilling.
i need this chicken a rice recipe breh :wow:

Making NYC Street Meat: Chicken and Rice Recipe

The white sauce hits so nice. :whew:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
dinner I made for today :manny:

mashed potatoes, with spinach, a little coconut milk, nothing too fancy
20160615_210544.jpg

baked rotisserie chicken. since the rotisserie chicken is season already, all I had to do was, take the frozen sauce out of the rotisserie chicken and put it in a small container, warm it for a couple of seconds (30), take it out and grab a ketchup bottle, bbq sauce bottle, mixed the items together, add a little jerk sauce, thyme, bailey leaf, a little sugar, and mixed them together the second time to make a little sauce. pour sauce on top of the chicken and placed it inside the oven and left it in there for an hour.
20160615_210623.jpg

cooked broccoli
20160615_210603.jpg

and fruits on the side. a gallon of water too :manny:

still learning how to cook

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Any tips on cooking rice? I always fukk it up and I'm being a cheap boy for the summer. :upsetfavre:
Lol, funny thing is I fukk up rice too. I grew up cooking it in the microwave, tried the stovetop a few times :huhldup:

I'm better at it, but I still mostly just use my microwave cooker. A small rice cooker doesn't cost much either.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Rice is the easiest thing to cook. I only cook basmati however, but every rice is different. However much rice your cooking u only need a finger digits worth of water covering the rice. So if your cooking 5 cups of rice or 5 pounds of rice the principle is more or less the same. (There will always be more water than there appears to be because the water is between the grains of rice as well as on top; picture pebbles in a glass jar.) You will also need A tsp or so of salt and some butter. This is all dependent on how much rice you are cooking.
1. Always boil your water in the kettle before hand.
2. Always wash your rice till the water runs clear. I wash rice in a sieve because its easier.
3. Tranfer rice into pot. Cover with hot water, salt and butter.
4. I turn the stove on the lowest setting if using gas. Or gas mark one or two on a ceramic hob. Seal with foil and leave it for 20 mins undisturbed. If you stir the rice while it is cooking you will bind the starch and end up with gloop.
5. After 20 mins you can smell the rice is cooked. The rice no longer has that glassy look to it. You may need a pinch more water if its still a little tough. You can stir and taste at this point.
6. ALWAYS stir rice with a fork never with a spoon. A spoon causes the starches in the rice to bind together and your rice will appear gloopy and sticky.
7. You can ALWAYS ADD WATER but you cant remove it. If the rice is too sticky its too later. But if its too dry you can add more water. Once again if you have too much water and stir too much you will end up with slop.

Follow these steps and your rice will be perfect every time.

Last edited: