I Appreciate Y'all

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
It's been a while since I last interacted in this space. My last post was heavy. I was burdened. I still am. Life is what you dare to make it and I'm trying every day like millions of others to make something presentable and respectable out of myself.

I received 6 PMs from concerned posters and I am grateful for your messages. Since my last thread, much has transpired : sleepless nights, a missing persons report, police, alcohol, another near suicide attempt, tears and gaining the constant worry and pity of my family and coworkers. My family is now paying for me to see one of the top black Psychiatrists in Birmingham. My first session was.. It was interesting. Time will tell if it will prove to be helpful. After the 1st session, she asked how I felt about being on antidepressants. I refused. But we'll see.

Against my own manly pride, I regretfully admit that I am not okay. I am not special or unique. There are many other black men in my same predicament; struggling to cope with being a shell of the man they once were and seeing no practical escape route. Coming to grips with such words is comparable to fighting against the tides.

My wife worries, my family worries. My coworkers whisper among each other wondering when's the next time Hathaway will snap. When's the next time Hathaway will try to fukking kill himself. Imbecilic leeches. They don't deserve me but I need money. Idc though. I'm a fighter. Always have been. My wife and my kids need me.
Its just crazy how meaningless life really is. ✌🏾

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Stay well. And your life has BIG meaning. You pass along life force and energy to the next generation. Life lessons, experiences, skills, humor, wisdom that you acquired from your family and environment will be shared with your friends and children. We are all interlocked, and you are unique and special component of that chain. There is no replacement for you.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Hey man, the fact that you are getting help is the first step in the right direction. Stuffs tough out there and being able to admit that you need help is a sign of strength not weakness. I hope things get better for you, take care of yourself man.

Don’t give up! You never know at which moment you find your calling! Sending you positive energy

Stay well. And your life has BIG meaning. You pass along life force and energy to the next generation. Life lessons, experiences, skills, humor, wisdom that you acquired from your family and environment will be shared with your friends and children. We are all interlocked, and you are unique and special component of that chain. There is no replacement for you.

glad to see you're still fighting instead of giving up breh. :salute:

keep on pushing. do not be afraid to try medication if that's what a professional is suggesting. you can always change your mind if you don't like the results.
Thank you all. ♥️

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Life is tough and often unpleasant. For people like the OP, once you face this reality, you can't ignore it. I wish I could overlook how pointless and futile life seems, but those thoughts are always on my mind.

In those moments, I remember Dylan Thomas' poem "Do not go gentle into that good night." Despite life being harsh and unimpressive, I'm determined to resist it with all my strength until the end. I demand to know the reason behind it all, even if it means enduring difficulties.

Discover your purpose and fight for it relentlessly with all your might.

Good luck OP. We’re right here fighting alongside you.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Breh I'm glad u got help. I have mental health issues myself. But black men r most vulnerable when it comes to mental health. I love u n my inbox is always open. I will listen without talking n it's judgment free:therethere:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
First you need a clinical sociologist.

Do not hire a psychiatrist.
Psychiatrist only prescribe drugs.

You do not need scripts.
to be better in life.

You need facts, knowledge of self, and sound judgement.

sound judgement can not come from a source. Whom is rooted in prescription drugs to alter sound judgement.

Only way you wind up on scripts is.
if you have an actual moment that makes no rationale sense. In the care of your clinicsl sociologist. So as long as you are not having transference based outburst. You should be fine in that regard.

again.

seek clinical sociological care.

not a psychiatrist.
Psychiatrist,... do not and are not trained to solve social life issues.
As their main directive.

Passing scripts is their main directive. You do Not need to be a cluck.
to solve life based issues.

Hire a clinical sociologist.

Wishing you.
Safe passage.

Art Barr

Art Barr

Last edited: