''I ain't got no worries'' Official 3x NBA championship Miami Heat Season Thread

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Oden said it was a “big deciding factor” that Heat officials made it clear to him that he “wouldn’t be needed as much early in the season” as he works his way back from more than three years out of the league.

The place that he learned he wouldn’t be needed early was the more interesting story, though, as Oden’s agent — Mike Conley, Sr. — told Fox Sports Florida that his meeting with head coach Erik Spoelstra had a profound effect on his decision.

“He really liked talking with Erik at Chili’s,” Conley said. “I think that played a major role. He just felt very comfortable with him.”

Dinner at Chili’s isn’t usually a precursor to closing the deal, but it apparently worked the Heat. That and the fact that Oden felt wanted in South Beach, anyway.

“Obviously the chance to play with the best player in the world and compete for a championship was a big selling point,” Oden told me. “But more than that, what I really liked was how they thought I could really add something to their team. They’ve won back-to-back championships without me, so for them to pursue me as hard as they did meant a lot, especially given all that I’ve gone through.”

2 for $20 for the win :wow:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Heat scout Tim Hardaway already said, "if we get Greg Oden, I think we will win a third (straight) title."

:ohlawd:

BQtSrMcCMAAG-5L.png

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Après les Clippers, Yakhouba Diawara testé par Miami
Par Alexandre Lacoste
– Le 3 août 2013
Alors qu’il compte 187 matches NBA au compteur entre 2006 et 2010 avec Denver puis Miami, Yakhouba Diawara (30 ans) tente actuellement de se rapprocher de la grande ligue. Après s’être entraîné à plusieurs reprises avec les Los Angeles Clippers de Doc Rivers, l’international français s’apprête à passer des work-outs la semaine prochaine avec le Heat, double champion NBA en titre. L’ancien joueur de Dijon a déjà évolué pendant deux ans à South Beach, se contentant de 3,2 points, 1,2 rebond et 0,4 passe en 69 apparitions sous le maillot de la franchise floridienne entre 2008 et 2010.

Mais le Parisien ne retournera pas en NBA pour cirer le banc pendant toute la saison. De fait, sa priorité serait de trouver un club disputant l’Euroleague ou l’EuroCup. Ainsi, le Yak discute actuellement avec plusieurs équipes diverses sur le Vieux Continent. Où atterrira t-il la saison prochaine ? La réponse ne devrait pas tarder.

http://www.catch-and-shoot.com/livenews/apres-les-clippers-yakhouba-diawara-teste-par-miami/2013/

Yakhouba Diawara is getting a workout this week.

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude, he replaced Juwan Howards salary and roster spot. There is no need to be worried. It can only be a positive signing.
put that way, you are right:ohhh:. I just want the guy to produce. We had Hibbert playing like Wilt Chamberlain last playoffs.:beli:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
anyone getting pissed off at the narrative about the squad for next season. How no way this team can beat the pacers or bulls if we stand pact? They just gonna assume D wade going to be hurt again, or bosh automatically gonna go into a slump?. they're going to be disappointed when we're right back in the finals.