''I ain't got no worries'' Official 3x NBA championship Miami Heat Season Thread

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh: so he could be signed to either team? how this shyt work?

We just invited him to our summer league team. He doesn't have a commitment to stay unless we offer him a contract so he can play where ever. Hopefully we scoop up some young talent like Ian and develop them on in our D-League team.

James Jones gots to go. Pat and these damn player options. :snoop:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
You misunderstood. His spot is not guaranteed through training camp, anybody can beat him out

Gotcha. From what I've read from Spo and Riles, I think they will keep him regardless. Riley said that he was going to focus on developing talent and looking for gems in the draft. So look for Varando to be on the roster next season.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
For people wanting Joel/Mike gone for financial/other reasons
Pat Riley wants to keep the nucleus of the Miami Heat together despite looming luxury taxes coming next season.

"I want to try to keep this team intact as long as we can, because we have a championship basketball team here," Riley said. "I would hate to break any part of it up, that is productive and leads to winning."

Riley said the Heat have no immediate plan to use their one-time amnesty provision on Mike Miller or Joel Anthony.

"Right now, we're not using amnesty, no," he said, but qualified it by adding, "as of today."

On free agency plan..
Riley said the Heat tried to land a perimeter player by offering their $3.2 million taxpayer mid-level exception during free agency.

"We weren't successful and we're going to save it, and we will use it if we have to use it, if the right player pops up,"
Riley said. "I'm not sure that who's available out there are people that we would offer it to now."

My guess is that offer went to either Dorrell Wright or Oj Mayo, who Riley was pretty enamored with in that 2008 draft. This also tells me if the team was making a concentrated effort at adding a perimeter player at a generous cost that JJ is probably not safe..which is no fault of his own he's a good player just a logjam on the perimeter.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
For people wanting Joel/Mike gone for financial/other reasons

Breh, I hear you on Mike Miller, but Joel and James Jones? Come on now. We can get some new blood in there to take there 3 MPG average. Maybe these young cats like Ennis and Clark might do some good.

Look at Norris Cole for example. Losing Joel, James Jones or Rashard Lewis doesn't really fukk up the nucleus of the team.

Mike is old/injured. Ray is old. Battier up there in age. We can use some new dudes on the court.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Breh, I hear you on Mike Miller, but Joel and James Jones? Come on now. We can get some new blood in there to take there 3 MPG average. Maybe these young cats like Ennis and Clark might do some good.

Look at Norris Cole for example. Losing Joel, James Jones or Rashard Lewis doesn't really fukk up the nucleus of the team.

Mike is old/injured. Ray is old. Battier up there in age. We can use some new dudes on the court.

get joel james jones and rashard outta here

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I still feel the Heat need one more big man. Oden is a low risk high reward player to get but Dalembert may be the better fit and he's ready to contribute now.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
get joel james jones and rashard outta here

For real. I'm saying though. There are undrafted players, international players and free agents out there that can provide some more.

All respect to James Jones and Joel, they've been there since the start of the run and I know the team loves them, but we got to stack up a little bit more.

Pacers returning at 100%. Bulls getting back Rose. Nets are stacked. If Wade can't recover and Bosh doesn't improve his game in someway, we are going to be fukked.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I agree with most of this. Honestly I didnt want Rashard to pick up his option cause Spo aint gon play him. I'll admit I may be too loyal to JJ but he's cheap and most shooters of his caliber dont come at that bargain.

Joel's our most mobile post defender, defends the pick and roll, rim enforcer and frankly he's a nice security blanket to have on the bench.

Between JJ/Mike/Ray/Battier, i'm taking the first 3 and rolling the dice on a young wing that can play D. Everyone here saw the playoffs :usure:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I agree with most of this. Honestly I didnt want Rashard to pick up his option cause Spo aint gon play him. I'll admit I may be too loyal to JJ but he's cheap and most shooters of his caliber dont come at that bargain.

Joel's our most mobile post defender, defends the pick and roll, rim enforcer and frankly he's a nice security blanket to have on the bench.

Between JJ/Mike/Ray/Battier, i'm taking the first 3 and rolling the dice on a young wing that can play D. Everyone here saw the playoffs :usure:

You're crazy. Battier had a bad playoff run on the offensive side no doubt, and he struggled against David West, but he's solid. JJ can't defend as well as those dudes. His shot is wet but we need defense and rebounds.

I'd take Joel no doubt if we couldn't get something better out there, but we can. You essentially have Bosh, Haslem and Birdman playing in front of him on a lot of the rotations.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You're crazy. Battier had a bad playoff run on the offensive side no doubt, and he struggled against David West, but he's solid. JJ can't defend as well as those dudes. His shot is wet but we need defense and rebounds.

I'd take Joel no doubt if we couldn't get something better out there, but we can. You essentially have Bosh, Haslem and Birdman playing in front of him on a lot of the rotations.

Battier is still a decent defender but his offense disappears far too often. I'm looking at it from a financial standpoint, JJ makes peanuts he can get his juwan howard on next year for all I care. But Ray, Mike, and Battier are getting all the bread. I think we'd be much more potent on offense utilizing Miller in the regular season.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
slightly OT but still pertaining to the team. This game to me is the best the big 3 have ever played in sync with one another. Wade had the perfect balance of taking jumper vs. attacking, LeBron was LeBron, but really look at where Bosh was scoring from. Look at the variety of looks he got offensively, and then who look who our starting center was. This is why getting Bosh back to the 4 should be priority #1, he has much greater ability to roam the floor

Last edited by a moderator:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
slightly OT but still pertaining to the team. This game to me is the best the big 3 have ever played in sync with one another. Wade had the perfect balance of taking jumper vs. attacking, LeBron was LeBron, but really look at where Bosh was scoring from. Look at the variety of looks he got offensively, and then who look who our starting center was. This is why getting Bosh back to the 4 should be priority #1, he has much greater ability to roam the floor

Heat vs Lakers 12-25-2010 CHRISTMAS DAY GAME - YouTube

Good memories. Bosh was crazy aggressive. So was Wade. Lebron was a spot up shooter for most of that highlight. :ohhh:

Anyway, I feel our perimeter rotation is set. Pat should be using our mid level exception on a center. Bosh is way more effective at the four.