Hurricane Laura makes landfall in Cameron, Louisiana with winds of 150 mph

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I been through tropical systems hundreds of times and one thing I’ve learned over the years is that you can kinda tell when the weather people know something is goin to be bad but they don’t wanna say anything to create panic, I feel like they know something about Laura that they don’t wanna let out just yet
I get that same vibe too

Usually they’re all over the news overhyping something then it’s nothing for the sake of a story

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I been through tropical systems hundreds of times and one thing I’ve learned over the years is that you can kinda tell when the weather people know something is goin to be bad but they don’t wanna say anything to create panic, I feel like they know something about Laura that they don’t wanna let out just yet

I don't think they know anything about Laura that we don't know, the forecast is still uncertain, per models, a landfall anywhere Corpus Christi to Biloxi is still possible. You can't evacuate the entire Gulf Coast.

That said, I think Laura will be a bigger deal than people realize, it's not going to spend as much time over Cuba as previously thought.

Daps

:francis: I feel the same way

Plus this morning on GMA, the meteorologist literally hit the :lupe:

EDIT: :dwillhuh: I saved the video on YouTube this morning and I just went back to it and GMA made it private :dwillhuh:

This aint looking good :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: :-)

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Keep an eye on Laura

sounds like Marco was a dud, it’s not even raining here. This will be the 3rd straight storm the weather people have overhyped id imagine the public will start not trusting them anymore

It wasn't overhyped, it reached Cat 1 status but northerly shear killed off the storm. It was never predicted to be more than a Cat 1 though.

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Is either one of these joints coming to houston?

Laura has a chance to but I'm getting Hurricane Lili vibes from Laura, may be a SW/Central Louisiana issue but just stay tuned.

It's unusual to have this much uncertainty about a landfall location two days out from landfall.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
As someone who watched a tropical storm dump 4 feet of water in my house I dont underestimate any of these storms anymore. Marco may not be as strong as people thought but if it dumps a lot of rain and then followed up by another storm it could be disastrous.