Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Daps
Reppin
Chatterbox FM
man what are you talking about?

why aren't people just getting water from their fridge or faucet and putting it in the fridge, or boiling water now and storing it inthe fridge?

i'm about to make some ice tea right now

The sun method isn't a necessity. Mentioned it for purification. Same thing can be achieved by just filling jar with tap water and leaving in fridge(or so I've been told). I really just made that post for those can't find water and don't have jugs or growlers. Plenty of mason jars around my way.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The million dollar question. Will Irma ride the I-95 corridor and hit the eastcoast Florida cities: Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm, Daytona, Jacksonville?

Or will it make a Western curve and hit the I-75 corridor and the panhandle: Naples, Fort Myers, Tampa/St.Pete, Pensacola, Tallahassee?

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Hurricane Andrew: 20 Facts You May Have Forgotten (PHOTOS, VIDEO) | HuffPost

1. Hurricane Andrew had humble beginnings, starting as a tropical wave off the west coast of Africa on Aug. 14, 1992.

2. The hurricane made landfall near Homestead in the early morning hours of Aug. 24, 1992.

3. Warnings of Hurricane Andrew’s arrival led to massive evacuations across Florida, Louisiana and Texas. In South Florida, 55,000 left the Florida Keys, 517,000 abandoned Miami-Dade County, 300,000 left Broward County, and 315,000 fled Palm Beach County.

4. Hurricane Andrew’s winds were thought to be 145 miles per hour at its height, but the data was revisited in 2002 and determined to be 165 miles per hour. This bumped the hurricane’s previous ranking from a Category 4 to a Category 5.

5. The morning of Aug. 24, 1992, a storm tide of 4 to 6 feet was measured in Biscayne Bay. Heights as high as nearly 17 feet were measured at the waterfront Burger King International Headquarters.

6. In Florida, almost 8 inches of rain came down in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. The most rainfall from Hurricane Andrew was in Hammond, La. with almost 1 foot of rain.

7. The nationwide total death toll from Hurricane Andrew was 26, with another 40 people dying as an indirect result of the storm. In Florida, 15 died directly from the hurricane and another 29 died indirectly.

8. The damage from Hurricane Andrew was staggering, with about $25-26.5 billion in damages in Florida alone. The area impacted most was a swatch from Homestead and Florida City north to Kendall.

9. The hurricane caused more than $10 billion in insured residential homestead damage and $16 billion in total insured damages.

10. Hurricane Andrew destroyed 25,524 homes and damaged another 101,241.

11. Mobile homes had almost no chance against Hurricane Andrew: 90 percent of mobile homes in the southern part of the county were destroyed. In Homestead, this number was at almost 100 percent with only nine of 1,176 mobile homes spared.

12. The hurricane damaged or destroyed 9,500 traffic signs and signals, 3,300 miles of powerlines, 3,000 watermains, 59 health facilities, 31 public schools, 32,900 acres of farmland and 82,000 businesses.

13. 160,000 of Dade County residents became temporarily homeless. In a Dade County Grand Jury Report, staff was disappointed in the how the aftermath played out:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
damn your confidence, if this was a movie you'd be the first one dead you cocky summabytch lol
Something from the ocean tries to kill me every year and the media and rest of the nation start acting like the apocalypse has befallen us every time :yeshrug:

The only thing I base my moves on is the National Hurricane Center. If those project a once in a lifetime storm Thursday morning I'm out of here. But you're out of your mind if you think I'm going to exhaust my actual time and actual resources because of some damn memes and scary northerners :mjlol:

It's the route this is taking that has me far from panicking. It can't hit PR and Cuba and maintain it's current strength. I don't think mainland Florida will see more than Cat 4 winds at peak right at landfall, and most of us in its path (peak winds only occur on the northeastern wall of the eye) will get Cat 3. If it reverses course about 300 miles and then moves north, then I really got some problems.

Otherwise, it's the west coast of Florida that will take the brunt of it, and what we'll get will be more akin to Francis and Jeane.

coose

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Archives
Just moved to Orlando from Connecticut thinking bout leaving for it locals saying it should be fine right now. News showing long lines for gas and food got my wife panicking to go get gas. We go out got gas and food with no problem tho, literally normal as fukk outside atleast over here. Went to Home Depot there was a long line in wood section other than that normal some stores are out of water cases tho tonight but the gas station I went to was fully stocked.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Something from the ocean tries to kill me every year and the media and rest of the nation start acting like the apocalypse has befallen us every time :yeshrug:

The only thing I base my moves on is the National Hurricane Center. If those project a once in a lifetime storm Thursday morning I'm out of here. But you're out of your mind if you think I'm going to exhaust my actual time and actual resources because of some damn memes and scary northerners :mjlol:

It's the route this is taking that has me far from panicking. It can't hit PR and Cuba and maintain it's current strength. I don't think mainland Florida will see more than Cat 4 winds at peak right at landfall, and most of us in its path (peak winds only occur on the northeastern wall of the eye) will get Cat 3. If it reverses course about 300 miles and then moves north, then I really got some problems.

Otherwise, it's the west coast of Florida that will take the brunt of it, and what we'll get will be more akin to Francis and Jeane.

Hurricanes are unpredicable breh. Hurricane Andrew crossed all of Florida as a Category 4 after landfall and continued to be category 4 throughout the entire Gulf into Lousisina.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Im up near wellington. We planning to ride it out. We have no where else to go if it hits florida. We have water, a generator, canned food, flashlights. We've prepped the best we could. If they tell us to evacuate there is a Highschool bout 5 minutes away thats a shelter so we'll go there if push comes to shove.

Ill write a RIP shirt with your name in advance :coffee:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
The million dollar question. Will Irma ride the I-95 corridor and hit the eastcoast Florida cities: Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm, Daytona, Jacksonville?

Or will it make a Western curve and hit the I-75 corridor and the panhandle: Naples, Fort Myers, Tampa/St.Pete, Pensacola, Tallahassee?
Or it goes thru the middle and fukks all of us with no lube. :merchant: