Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

FSP

Banned
Daps
The news is sensationalizing the fukk out of this and its not cool at all. Instead of trying to calm people and give us the essential info we need they are creating mass hysteria instead. they do this every single time for ratings and its absolutely disgusting. Earlier today some news anchor said "this hurricane is coming towards florida like a HACKSAW":gucci: like are you kidding me? who says that? They are throwing gasoline on a already tense situation. We saw what happened in houston so we are on edge. But the sensationalizing and colorful descriptions are just plain ridiculous. Tell us where the shelters are, tell us which gas stations still have gas, tell us tips and tricks if the power goes out, who to call, emergency numbers, etc. Be informative.
I agree but only because it's 5 days away still and hasn't hit the islands. If this was 1 or 2 days away still projected to hit Florida like they keep saying....I'd be scared af

FSP

Banned
Daps
look at this dumb fukk thinkin he know more than scientists with decades of experience
I'm gonna say that's probably the most level headed thing that could be said right now. It's still very unlikely to hit land at Cat 5. But Cat 4 is still super dangerous and evacuation worthy. The thing about Cat 5 storms is that they're super unstable and even the slightest disturbance will make it fall back down to cat 4 and lower. That's why they almost never hit land at Cat 5

Daps
Reppin
Chatterbox FM
in what situation were you in to even have to try this....you know what, nevermind

:laugh:

Breh my tap water is :trash:, the filter pitchers are starting to sketch me out, and I have yet to find a good under sink filtration system to buy and some internet posters presented the idea and I rolled the dice. It did not take a lot of effort. Water plays such a crucial role in my life, as well as many others, and I think with all the crap floating about, contaminating everything, why not give something potentially healthful and helpful a shot? People are getting poisoned even when there is an abundance of resources around.

I won't be picky during a disastrous situation, though.

It's not about me, by the way. I wanna help the brehs out. Any fruitful knowledge I acquire I want to share. If the knowledge turns out to not be fruitful, I'll correct myself.

Sorry for the rant.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Yep. I was 3yrs old when Andrew happened. We were living in Palm Beach County at the time. And my uncle his wife and my cousin(who was born a week earlier) and my grandma were all living in Southwest Miami-Dade at the time(Kendall), and they all fled north to palm beach to stay with us. Alot of folks evacuated Dade from what I was told. All I remember from Andrew was them boarding up our windows and I remember trying to put together a Batman puzzle and a bunch of us sleeping on the closet floor. They made the right decision to come north, because the most damage from Andrew was in Southwest Miami Dade. Kendall, Cutler Ridge, South Miami, Homestead, Florida City all turned into a wasteland from what I've seen in vintage photos.