Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Fam, I'm from Charleston SC. We had Hugo in 89. I hate to say it, but Chucktown is due. :to:

Hoping it'll die down or something and lose strenth soon. South Florida might be in for Andrew Jr.

The memory of Hugo is what makes nikkas further west in NC get antsy when a hurricane comes close to the coast..I even had fam who retreated to TN when Matthew approached last year. No chances.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I'm pretty sure it can. Worst case scenario I lose some shingles.

How you figure?

From my understanding these homes can withstand a 2x4 flying into it at 200MPH

Impact of Hurricane Andrew: better homes

I mean, you sure, Irma will weaken a bit as it nears Florida but right now it's at 185 mph, the equivalent of a EF4 tornado

4.JPG

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
Also lack of gas, they literally got the whole Florida trying to fill up their tank due to the projection. East/West/Panhandle. How is everyone going to make it up there to GA without running out gas? It is impossible.
Thank you! From South florida to cross the state lines takes at least 6-7 hours on a regular day. Thats more than one full gas tank. Add to it the pandemonium of everyone trying to get out with bumper to bumper traffic (plus floridians cant drive properly) your looking at a 15 hour trip just to get out. This morning i was going to class and some accident happened on interstate 95 and it made my usually 40 minute trip 1 hour and 40 minutes. And that was like 20 miles maybe. Aint no way im going to be able to leave if shyt hits the fan. We will all drown on the road.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Its stronger than Katrina and it is a Category 5 hurricane that is confirmed for landfall. That's a no-brainer to leave.

where did you see it's confirmed for landfall in Miami? confirmed for landfall means alot of things...there's one model saying it will be in the gulf. I agree make the right preparations, leave if you can and are able.

I had a flight for $200 i didn't book and by the end of the day it was 1700, i balked and i'm sure if it hits i'll think back and say why didn't i spend the 1700.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Thank you! From South florida to cross the state lines takes at least 6-7 hours on a regular day. Thats more than one full gas tank. Add to it the pandemonium of everyone trying to get out with bumper to bumper traffic (plus floridians cant drive properly) your looking at a 15 hour trip just to get out. This morning i was going to class and some accident happened on interstate 95 and it made my usually 40 minute trip 1 hour and 40 minutes. And that was like 20 miles maybe. Aint no way im going to be able to leave if shyt hits the fan. We will all drown on the road.

you up at Barry aren't you lol

what's your plan, i have a friend who wants to head to Raleigh but thinks he's gonna go to Sarasota tonight and pick up some fam and head up. He knows the gas might be an issue but he's doing it anyway.

at this point, i'm going to west ft lauderdale to hang out

last thing i want to do is drive up and get stuck with no gas for days and take the storm head on

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Brehs if you can't find bottled water, buy mason jars and fill it with water. Alkalize it in the sun if able.

man what are you talking about?

why aren't people just getting water from their fridge or faucet and putting it in the fridge, or boiling water now and storing it inthe fridge?

i'm about to make some ice tea right now

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
Im up near wellington. We planning to ride it out. We have no where else to go if it hits florida. We have water, a generator, canned food, flashlights. We've prepped the best we could. If they tell us to evacuate there is a Highschool bout 5 minutes away thats a shelter so we'll go there if push comes to shove.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The hysteria as per always. It won't be anywhere near a Cat 5 when/if it makes landfall down here. Storms get broken up by the mountains of Hispanola and Cuba. There will never be a Cat 4 or 5 that hits Florida from the South. Worst case scenario for us will be a 3.

Stock up on supplies, be prepared to be out of power for a week.

We know the drill brehs :salute:

damn your confidence, if this was a movie you'd be the first one dead you cocky summabytch lol

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Sunday/Monday

Which is why the panic now is nonsense. We don't know where it's going to land until the Thursday models. All the models keep on inching left. The eye might stay in the Gulf (were it can retain/gain strength) and hit the FL Panhandle/gulf states likes Bama/Miss
Lord Jesus I pray to you that a storm destroys the entire state of Mississippi :wow: