Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Miami, FLL, and PBC is out the water -

does anyone care about Jacksonville cuz that joint looks really bad there with the flooding but people already celebrating how weak Irma is/was

I don't get it, this notion of "well all my shyt is good, so fukk anybody's who isn't. Fake news"

Smh
Be greatful that it wasn't a cat 5 hit on where you were and remember those that are still suffering

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
+20

Huge deposits of sand were driven up in to the buildings at Richard Branson's Necker Island resort

4422D2F800000578-4871264-The_entrepreneur_posted_a_video_online_showing_how_the_storm_has-a-22_1505136242689.jpg

+20

The entrepreneur posted a video online showing how the storm has destroyed his British Virgin Islands home, with buildings blown away and trees ripped from the ground

442339DD00000578-4871264-The_hurricane_pounded_the_island_destroying_many_wooden_structur-a-24_1505136242769.jpg

+20

The hurricane pounded the island, destroying many wooden structures and tearing trees out of the ground

442339B400000578-4871264-Aerial_footage_shows_how_trees_toppled_down_on_to_buildings_duri-a-7_1505136242344.jpg

+20

Aerial footage shows how trees toppled down on to buildings during the devastating hurricane

442339A700000578-4871264-Branson_has_thanked_people_for_their_overwhelming_support_and_sa-a-25_1505136242800.jpg

+20

Branson has thanked people for their 'overwhelming' support and said he was touched by the 'wonderful acts of human kindness' in the wake of the disaster

43FB730600000578-4871264-The_Virgin_founder_pictured_camped_out_in_his_wine_cellar_bunker-a-23_1505136242727.jpg

+20

The Virgin founder (pictured) camped out in his wine cellar bunker on Necker Island playing Perudo as the monster storm raged outside

'What makes the Virgin Islands unique is its isolated location – every island has been devastated, so there is no support to come from nearby.

'Over the coming weeks, we’ll have to assess exactly what is needed.

'It is clear to me creating jobs is paramount – there will be a huge amount of rebuilding to be done and people will need work to help rebuild their lives as well as their homes.'

He ended his post by thanking people for their 'overwhelming' support and said he was touched by the 'wonderful acts of human kindness' in wake of the disaster.

4405A6C700000578-4871264-Mr_Branson_s_paradise_private_island_pictured_before_Hurricane_I-a-8_1505136242344.jpg

+20

Mr Branson's 'paradise' private island pictured before Hurricane Irma left it decimated

anyone care abou tthis? lol

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
My vzw working just fine just a lil slow

Yo so this my first year with the generator and I only got my exterior outlets and garage and front door lights on how you got the ps4 going?

I just need the dew on fukk everything else. do you have to run this stinky thing inside the crib to get power? Cause fukk it I ain't doing it I was already dealing with fumes when I ran the grill in the garage earlier due to the wind lol

FpL get yo puss ass on deck asap I never miss a payment I want preference I got a toddler in the crib lol
My house got an enclosed foyer that we had the generator in. its like square shaped. Got an arc entrance, a window on the left and then the front door, got hurricane glass. So it's outside but has a covered roof so no rain gets in that area. We didn't even board up that window. Wind blowing west and my house faces north plus my house is shaped like an L backwards. So the front door is pushed back and the garage up front. Here I got a pic from the insurance video I shot:

tfycHXg.jpg

So we had the generator in there with the cables running thru the window. That way it was outside but covered. Thirty mile per hour winds and rain but we had that going. The generator has three ports and the one with the most watts has an extension cord with multiple plugs. We put a surge protector in one and ran the tv and ps4. Then the fridge in another port. I think it's a 240 volt port. This morning they moved it to the backyard. I was able to use a surge protector and hook up the toaster and coffee machine to make pop tarts and coffee. Still no hot water tho. I drive over to my friends house and yeah it's like what you said in your other post over here on the west side. Traffic lights all out, trees all knocked down all over. Areas where the entire lanes are blocked off. Lots to clean up. Hopefully this internet stays on since it's been off all night. Got a bit last night when I posted but then stopped. But yeah hopefully fpl hurries their ass up.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Fake news. Storm was a big nothingburger.
Just a regular rainy day in Florida.
The "media" probably did that to Bransons property
Just for ratings.
:comeon:

bro relax, billionaires gettting their shyt wrecked on remote islands that shouldn't even belong to them isn't really high on my sensitivity list. most of the damage on the island is from his own debris !!:hhh:

meanwhile where's the other pics of BVI of the actual neighborhoods - exactly

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Where you at? and when is this shyt supposed to hit? I'm in Midtown and it's just light rain right now.

I walked to the grocery store and everything.

I'm further south in Macon. Winds are blowing hard and the power went out for about an hour this mornjng. That's about it.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
bro relax, billionaires gettting their shyt wrecked on remote islands that shouldn't even belong to them isn't really high on my sensitivity list. most of the damage on the island is from his own debris !!:hhh:

meanwhile where's the other pics of BVI of the actual neighborhoods - exactly

Bransons gonna be okay of course, but if that's an indication of how shyt got ripped up it should really give folks pause when they think about all if the other folks who were affected.

I'm a brehettes btw lol

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Just checked into my hotel in North Charleston. Dipped from Atl this morning. Still feeling Irma a bit here:leon: wind and rain. Will stay herr for a couple of days and then head back to JAX to see the carnage.
My man been running from the storm for two weeks

runner_storm_monchomasse.gif

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Forecasting isn't an exact science.
Y'all sound hurt it didn't do more damage :dahell:
:camby: Seems like you can't read. I've repeatedly said in this thread I'm glad it was mainly a bust.

My problem is with the news channels who were not stressing that the storm was weakening.:aicmon:

Had reporters out there getting beaten in the face by wind and rain just so they could sell the story of destruction :dead: