Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

FSP

Banned
Daps
Eh. It got parts of Miami and Southeast Florida worse than anticipated, but nothing too bad. It spared Tampa and parts of Southwest Florida. Those are two areas that folks thought for certain would receive cataclysmic damage. I can't say if it was overhyped until the facts comeout and the damage is surveyed.

Its sensationalism when you have users say "this storm will be remembered for xyz random incidents". The magnification of these incidents does nothing but spread stereotypes about race and about people from the state.. Hell, I'll take it a step further and say that focusing on the looters will have an opposite effect. It won't garner sympathy for the shop owners, rather it will make people feel its ok to condemn Florida even more.

:mjpls:
Yeah none of this is sensationalism, except maybe the reporters doing the news in the middle of it

Meteorologists determine how worried people should be, not Fox News and MSNBC

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Yeah none of this is sensationalism, except maybe the reporters doing the news in the middle of it

Meteorologists determine how worried people should be, not Fox News and MSNBC
I meant the crime and looting. Well, alot of the reporting on the hurricane was somewhat over the top too.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Victimizing others during a natural disaster, however limited in scope, should be magnified and the perpetrators made examples of.

It's one thing to break into a store for food to feed your family but breaking into Foot Locker and Metro PCS to steal shyt that can't help you in an emergency is disgusting behavior.

When yall gone get this outraged at the real thieves tho

Metropcs phones and sneakers lol shyt ain't even worth you getting ya pressure up

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Surprised my power internet lasted through out, of all things i lost cell coverage :dwillhuh:

Saw this pic floating around taken from a hotel room on international drive.....yall be safe

wonderworks-orlando-2.jpg

Is that shopped? Looks odd

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I'm glad its over..I don't know about the rest of tampa but riverview didn't get nothing..we had power, the wind only blew for a good 30 min and now its calm..the news even said you can walk your dog

I hope everybody is safe

Huh ? Breh, I'm by Boyerte in Riverview and the storm is still very wild. We're clear at 8 30 though.

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They media need to stop being wicked. The news will televise all day warning ppl of the storm and how you should go out buy shyt to stay prepared. Well what about the low income ppl who couldn't afford food and transportation already before the storm? What are these ppl suppose to do? Nobody cares, they just left to die,but then get labeled looters when they use any methods to Survive. Their not looters their Survivors

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
When yall gone get this outraged at the real thieves tho

Metropcs phones and sneakers lol shyt ain't even worth you getting ya pressure up

Are you suggesting that people stealing shoes are fake thieves?

:gucci:

I don't like ANY thieves and believe they should be dealt with on the spot when caught red handed

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State