Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Damn my aunt went to the VI to get my grandma and bring her to the states. This was planned months ago smh. Still I got a heap of family back home....

Hopefully they get out. They looking to close the Airport down from today, but I think they'll hold off until like 12 tomorrow.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
First, let me say...Irma is a ugly ass name.

2nd...as a SoFlo, breh. This storm ain't work worrying about until we get to Wednesday at least
By that time most food/water/building material places are going to be out of whatever you want and the line gonna be out the door. My house thankfully is far enough ground to avoid major flooding (withstood Frances that basically parked itself over florida) and major winds (built with stucco) but I know a lot of rural florida gonna get badly damaged

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
My moms is too nonchalant about this shyt, talmbout "Rakeem, the material goods can be replaced even if it takes a long time to do so, there's nothing I can do, oh well" bytch fukk the material shyt I'm tryna stay alive:what:
:francis:

I'm not gon lie...I shouldn't have lowered my homeowner's policy, though...Hopefully I don't sustain more than 50K in damages

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
By that time most food/water/building material places are going to be out of whatever you want and the line gonna be out the door. My house thankfully is far enough ground to avoid major flooding (withstood Frances that basically parked itself over florida) and major winds (built with stucco) but I know a lot of rural florida gonna get badly damaged

I'm off on Wednesday so if need be I can go run those errands while every one is at work.

I

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
People next door got a shyt load of stuff that can get picked up in the storm. Is there anything I can do prior to the storm hitting to protect my property? I took pictures already
My neighbors got a limb chilling over my house that needs to go. My shutters are easy to put up, but the plants and outside shyt ain't fun to clean up and bring in to the house and garage. I hope this does the normal that the 98% of the other hurricanes do and miss us with the bs.

Zak Bible

Banned
Daps
WelldocumentedSecondaryGalapagostortoise-size_restricted.gif

:russ:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Hurricanes, while incredibly destructive, are equally as fascinating. Since Harvey I've been doing a lot of research on them.

They actually have crews called Hurricane Hunters (excuse my ignorance but I had no idea) who are trained to fly into the eye of hurricanes to gather information about it which helps the National Weather Service track it and predict its path.

I found a Youtube video of some hunters flying into a hurricane's eye. Hurricanes are crazy powerful & ferocious on the outside, but the surface winds never actually reach the eye. Instead, inside the eye it's so calm and peaceful, a circular pillowy cloud and a clear blue sky above. Sort of what I imagine heaven is like. They go in at about 2:20.

if you've ever lived in a city that has hurricanes then you'd be familiar with the Eye of the storm and when it passes :manny: it's cool

you got a solid 20 minutes or so to walk outside and have a smoke :myman: :blessed: nikkas might open up the corner store so everyone can make a quick run to re up on junk food and cigarellos and batteries

it does look like some cool end of the world shyt tho :ehh:

like everyone else said, nobody gives a single fukk unless it's category 4-5, it's just a few days off from work/school, have a video game system/movies/books if the electricity goes out and you gucci.