Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
I just want to know what makes em think it will curve up???:ohhh:

Anyone has explanations, serious no trolling... like why not have a prediction of it going straight to the gulf???

The meteorologist I saw said there's a high chance that it goes over the gulf, and if the eye does, then Florida is totally fukked.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I just want to know what makes em think it will curve up???:ohhh:

Anyone has explanations, serious no trolling... like why not have a prediction of it going straight to the gulf???

not a science guy but my understanding is it's not just warm water like ppl think, the bigger a storm gets or one this size, the more it's affected by atmospheric pressure

Daps
The meteorologist I saw said there's a high chance that it goes over the gulf, and if the eye does, then Florida is totally fukked.
I'm saying like why not go straight in the path it's taking heading towards Texas?

Is it because the gulf got winds that pushes it east?? I'm just trying to get some basic knowledge.

FSP

Banned
Daps
You are correct but need to know where the eye is to know where the eye walls are.
It's just easier to worry about the whole thing. It's so big that no matter where you are, if it hits you for an extended period of time you risk flooding. It is NOT just another thunderstorm. That's what people who've never experienced one always think. Until they realize rain is coming at them from a 180 degree angle and the streets are completely unusable and flooded within minutes and power is out for 2 weeks

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
This isn't true brehs. The eyewall is were you'll find the strongest wind fields and sustained hurricane force winds but in a hurricane you have to worry about more than just winds. Plus this storm is so large that hurricane gust will extend out to probably the entire state of Florida.

East side of the eye has the strongest storms, drops more rain and where tornadoes are prone to touch down.

The worst thing for the entire state is for Irma's eye to keep off the coastline to the West where it keeps it's strength while giving Florida it's entire dirty side as it makes its way N.
Right the best thing for it and GA would for it to go straight down the middle. Staying off the coast allows it to stay strong up into the panhandle.