Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:patrice: So irma aint hit florida at all???:what:
Keys about to get wrecked, but dade, broward and palm beach are just gonna get some light wind (50-60mph) and some rain. Storm's headed to Tampa now, but with every update it keep shifting further west than all the models predicted.

Hint: It's been shifting further west than these mofos been predicting for the past 4 days.

At this point I'll believe the turn to the north when I see it. shyt looks like it's headed to the gulf.

Note: The above post is that of a frustrated south floridian who's tired of spending money/time preparing for overhyped storms that never hit, please heed messages and warnings from your local meteorologists.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
:francis: Looks like I really might have to make that move. This shyt keeps moving west and latest models have it going over Tally.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keys about to get wrecked, but dade, broward and palm beach are just gonna get some light wind (50-60mph) and some rain. Storm's headed to Tampa now, but with every update it keep shifting further west than all the models predicted.

Hint: It's been shifting further west than these mofos been predicting for the past 4 days.

At this point I'll believe the turn to the north when I see it. shyt looks like it's headed to the gulf.

Note: The above post is that of a frustrated south floridian who's tired of spending money/time preparing for overhyped storms that never hit, please heed messages and warnings from your local meteorologists.

When was it expected to touch down? If it slowed down or moved away then thats good but i can see how the news made everybody lose time and money

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Except it is hitting South Florida, I think people are looking at these dots on the maps and thinking it's the hurricane, it's a trend line probabilities . The hurricane is bigger than the state of Florida horizontally, even if the EYE moves west , you have 200 miles on both sides of the eyes that have >100mph winds. Not to mention the storm surge and the rain.... It's negligent of some people to under sell this.

Not saying it will destroy and ravage south florida but miami isn't out the water
Do you live here?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Just learned something new. Lake Okeechobee. :ohhh:
Yep. Good Ol lake Okeechobee. So many little towns and agriculture around that lake. Belle Glade FL in Palm Beach County is near lake Okeechobee. As is the little town of pahokee FL. Those two towns are like NFL factories. Something about the soil in those towns that breeds NFL players. Also those towns are very poverty stricken and have high crime rates and have high AIDS rates. :(

They're rural but have inner city problems. But overall those towns have an interesting history. Alot of Haitian, Cuban, and Guatemalan migrant workers in the urban Eastern half of palm beach county wake up each day Every morning to take those long bus rides to Belle Glade to work in the sugarcane fields.

Back in the day, mighty hurricanes and torrential rain would cause lake Okeechobee to flood severely, killing Alot of folks in the towns surrounding the lake. That's why the army corps of engineers had to build dams and dykes and such in the lake Okeechobee area. Canals, flood panels, all of that is part of everyday life in South Florida. That's life down bottom. In soflo you learn to live with water and learn to manipulate it to work for you and your daily life, instead of letting the water kill you.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
These Nikkas are corny
I get it the sensationalism is annoying, as is all the hyper panic stirred up by the media, but @tremonthustler1 isn't a news reporter. He's just a breh who's worried about his sister. I don't think he was trying to he corny. He's just a worried brother.

:francis:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Wind is the least of your worries in a hurricane. Most people who die in a hurricane do so from water, not wind. Flash flooding, storm surge, and driving into deep water are the most likely to kill you.

Northeast side has the most water by far.
The last major hurricane to hit Sofla(Andrew) it was definitely the wind that did the most damage and killed the most people. The people most at risk of flooding in SoFla are those who live literally along the coast or those who live along lake Okeechobee. If you live west of I-95(for the eastcoast FL folks) or east of 75(for the westcoast FL folks), you are in the safest areas.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
This is what the GFS is showing

gfs_mslp_uv850_us_fh0-48.gif.50fb6cb54a773abdddcb4a4604476772.gif

Keep in mind that this is a huge storm in terms of size.
And nikkas taking this as a joke.
My Uncle was that way when Matthew hit even hit us with the
tumblr_nqivct4h2g1ux6hsjo1_400.gif

as we was leaving for Fayetteville.
3 days later he was on his bed surrounded by water and the National Gaurd had to come rescue him.
Be one of those "the lord knows" nikkaz if you want:ufdup: