Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
I just a seen a dude on Periscope from Dade Co. talmbout he not evacuating because its not mandatory for them and he a hour away from water

Wasnt they supposed to get hit too :dahell:

Nah...he a new fool...He knows his time is up on earth and is ready to go. Don't worry about him. You won't hear about him after Sunday.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I think the western shift hurts us more. Isn't the north east quadrant the most dangerous? Not to mention all the wind and rain flooding the everglades and pushing it east. Can there be storm surges on the everglades side or does the swamp land prevent it?

Doesn't it depend on how far West it goes? It was initially predicted to slam with Miami head on...of it goes towards naples...miami is better off. Plus ain't shyt in that middle until you get to central Florida.

DJLIvw6UEAAuyqF

It's 25 miles across(the eyewall). .Naples to Miami is 125 miles....so if keeps shifting West...Miami is better off.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I just hope people become better prepared for things like this. Even myself and my own family. Im not just talking about hurricanes.. Just things in general. Im talking about the small shyt you can do...

Saving money for emergencies

Having basic supplies

Having basic protection

Having a thought out plan

Proper tools and stockpiles

The ability to take off your job sooner so you can get your family out of harms way

Etc.

So many people trying to bounce last minute, get gas last minute, need money last minute, no place to stay last minute, etc.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
CNN interviewing people on Key West saying they staying. If they staying, does anyone need to evacuate? :francis:
They are mandatory an they are supposed to get hit directly but people want to be stubborn, they'll have no 911 help at all if their choice "goes wrong". One guy said he was staying on his boat during the hurricane, yes a fukking sailboat. We all already know that boat is going to be pushed into a seawall like most other boats, torn and damaged. Just take your ass to a shelter, he obviously wants to die.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Doesn't it depend on how far West it goes? It was initially predicted to slam with Miami head on...of it goes towards naples...miami is better off. Plus ain't shyt in that middle until you get to central Florida.

DJLIvw6UEAAuyqF

It's 25 miles across(the eyewall). .Naples to Miami is 125 miles....so if keeps shifting West...Miami is better off.

I did research and found this:

Over the past decade as developers expanded Pembroke Pines westward, more hurricanes have affected the city and its residents. In 1999 Hurricane Irene dumped up to 16 inches (410 mm) of rain in the city. The western communities, such as Chapel Trail and Silver Lakes, saw an estimated 19 inches (480 mm).

And Irene was a category 1 or 2. This thing is like a 4 or 5. :merchant:

All this is swampland. My house got built in 95. Everything here was mostly big dirt mountains and nothing but trees.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I remember thinking that people were exaggerating with regards to Harveys impact on us. Plenty in my circle felt the same. So much so that I still held my fight party that Saturday night.
All the people that came to that party was trapped at my place for damn near the whole next week :snoop: By grace of God the water came up on the street but kept flowing, so it didn't get in the house. Meanwhile just a few blocks away the houses were flooded badly.
Be safe brehs

:ohhh:

:francis: gotta educate yourself to be able to decipher media hype vs a real threat. There was never any doubt that Harvey was gonna do exactly what it did. A lot of people are making the same mistake with Irma but this bytch is a monster of a hurricane. I'll pray for the people that stayed because they are gonna need it.