Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Most current update I have from this thread

Live in Miami Beach. Staying at my girls moms crib in Hialeah since they got shutters n shyt but honestly even for Andrew Ive never left the beach. I'm just always highly optimistic on these things. If this keeps moving west I think this is gonna be not so bad. But anyway I'll keep this thread posted on how shyt looking. Bc Ima ride this wave out lol

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Get the fukk outta Florida.Y'all gonna get flattened.
They already urged people not to try driving north outta state because you'll likely be stuck and trapped. Everyone leaving and the mandatory evacuation zone areas got the roads clogged up. It's a much better choice to go into a hurricane shelter.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
man I had the same idea, was gonna try to take my bike and tour the damages after the storm

now i'm frantically refreshing the delta page, since the phones are on 3 hour call back times to see if this flight from Atlanta to Miami is happening. Once that flight leaves, I'm heading to the airport and I saw on the news they were turning people away and cancelling flights at the desks.

Flight says it's lands at 633 and takes right back off at 715
Ft Laurderdale has some later (8pm) Jet Blue flights to Boston, chicago etc for anyone thats in limbo 300 2 adults round trip

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
To answer your question. Those Irma numbers are from when it was a cat 5. It has since undergone a replacement cycle that has dropped it's wind speeds from being near 200 down to 150 making it a cat 4. However a 150 wind speed is only 7 away from being a cat 5 and there is a real chance that it could power back up after it's cycle. For now though it remains a cat 4.

thank you for the explanation.