Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
as harsh as it it is i hope it goes straight through my fl brehs and weakens rather than hitting coastal GA/SC with the full force when they ain't really ready for it.

These models keep going everywhere... I think this storm is gonna catch a lot off guard because of how the media is reporting on it

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
we have a prophet posting among us.

if irma is worse in every way than andrew, why is irma a cat 4 and andrew a cat 5?

:ohhh: on the prophetic brehs

Irma is much larger than Andrew and has been category 5 longer than any recorded storm. Even if it ends up a cat 4 that's after chewing and spitting out numerous islands. Unfortunately Irma has an opportunity to skirt/mostly skirt Cuba then spend 24 hrs or so strengthening again over warm water, then hitting FLA real directly
And sitting there unlike Andrew.
Irma≥≥≥≥≥ Andrew in every way
:mjcry:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Are you not seeing the numbers?

Irma is wider, faster, and will spend an entire day at least sitting on top of Florida

this is why i booked my ticket, hopefully i can get out - the aftermath and inconvenience of not having power for a few days is what's getting to me.

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
we have a prophet posting among us.

if irma is worse in every way than andrew, why is irma a cat 4 and andrew a cat 5?

The storm is larger and will spend way more time over the state. It's a cat 4 that's only a few mph less than the minimum for a cat 5. I'll be honest, I'm food.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
yes, that is why i'm asking why andrew is listed as a 5 and irma only a 4.
a 5 is worse than a 4.
It's not just wind speed. It's the length of time and damage as well
The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale rates a hurricane's intensity using wind speed and storm surge, which is the abnormal rise in sea level accompanying a hurricane or other intense storm. The scale also estimates the potential damage and flooding expected along the coast from a hurricane landfall.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
as harsh as it it is i hope it goes straight through my fl brehs and weakens rather than hitting coastal GA/SC with the full force when they ain't really ready for it.
I have a bad bad feeling about a sudden shift to the East, the 2 pm Euro and the Euros on Saturday are what I'm still watching out for, Hurricanes in this subsection of the country love sudden twists and turn