Hurricane Dorian makes landfall in Cape Hatteras

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I'm sure @RammerJammer would agree, even though the thread title says Florida, the whole south needs to keep up with this shyt.

The short range models have been shyt for this storm so I wouldn't put too much faith in the long term models yet either.

You’re right, small changes could affect anywhere from Texas to North Carolina.

I think back to Floyd in 1999 which would’ve been worse than Andrew for South Florida but it went north at the very last second and spared Miami but fukked up the Carolinas.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
You’re right, small changes could affect anywhere from Texas to North Carolina.

I think back to Floyd in 1999 which would’ve been worse than Andrew for South Florida but it went north at the very last second and spared Miami but fukked up the Carolinas.

Yup Floyd had us out of school for about a week.

The closer we get to landfall, the more I think some bullshyt is gonna happen like a stall and a northern turn for Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, or Outer Banks...

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
:salute: Stocked up on supplies today.

I really need to invest in a generator. I be bullshytting:snoop: No worse sound than hearing your neighbors generator humming along happily in the middle of a week long power outage in 100% Florida heat:why:

shyt will really have you contemplating running up in they crib and Mad Maxing they goods on some end of the world everybody for themselves type shyt :stopitslime:

Cop you a decent Inverter Generator and eat, breh. These things are the truth compared to the standard bigger generators we all know and might be accostomed to, 'cause not only do they hit you with that 'clean' converted energy which is plus good for your electronics....the gas consumption on these babies are fukking, AWESOME compared to the bigger units.

Take it from a dude who spent the better half of 6 months without power and had to deal with damn near every iteration of generator one could find these days in both use and repair. They work off of roughly one gallon of gas, can last a whole night if you start 'em up by evening and they normally have Eco modes that power down the engine to a lower idle and only rise when the load increases, saving on gas compared to the tradish generators that just keep a constant Rev.

Plus, a major problem you can encounter with the traditional generators, is the damage to the Governor Spring, which is a little thin piece of coiled metal that deals with the carburetor and how the engine runs and all that.....If that's damaged, your generator will start to move unwieldy and start pulsing which in and of itself is very dangerous for your shyt plugged in since the sinewave of power is going up and down, but not in a good way.

They're just as easy to maintain, more portable than the heavier generators and as I said.....the gas mileage on these bad boys are awesome. The only DOWNside with invertors, especially if you want to keep it feasible is that they don't push as much Watts as a bigger generator, but really, what are you trying to power? Fans, fridge, a few tellys and all the phones you can with some lights and you golden. Electric kettles and other high watt pulling devices aren't going to run with a normal household load, but these are small ammenties you should be doing with out in a scenario without power, so to use such on an inverter, you'd have to make concessions (Plug everything out and use JUST that) unless you want to buy a bigger one that costs more and the like....but yeah, rambling aside....Generators are easy to use and not nearly as scary as they may seem to be if you never used one for more than a few hours or even worse, been adjacent to someone operating one and you never bothered to peep how it's run, you just enjoyed the power.

fukkING EDIT!

Is the one I have since 2017 and I'm sure there are cheaper options with higher running watts, but as I said, plug in fans, the fridge, Telly and a game console plus loads of USB charging..this thing handles that well. Plus Westinghouse is a known brand and the customer service is decent compared to others I've had to try and get parts for.

Plus in terms of fans and charging, you should have already been on the battery powered fan wave along with Powerbanks/battery packs that keep your phone charged. But that's a whole nother beast of a post and this one has already gone on way longer than it should but I'm pedantic.

Last edited:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

Cop you a decent Inverter Generator and eat, breh. These things are the truth compared to the standard bigger generators we all know and might be accostomed to, 'cause not only do they hit you with that 'clean' converted energy which is plus good for your electronics....the gas consumption on these babies are fukking, AWESOME compared to the bigger units.

Take it from a dude who spent the better half of 6 months without power and had to deal with damn near every iteration of generator one could find these days in both use and repair. They work off of roughly one gallon of gas, can last a whole night if you start 'em up by evening and they normally have Eco modes that power down the engine to a lower idle and only rise when the load increases, saving on gas compared to the tradish generators that just keep a constant Rev.

Plus, a major problem you can encounter with the traditional generators, is the damage to the Governor Spring, which is a little thin piece of coiled metal that deals with the carburetor and how the engine runs and all that.....If that's damaged, your generator will start to move unwieldy and start pulsing which in and of itself is very dangerous for your shyt plugged in since the sinewave of power is going up and down, but not in a good way.

They're just as easy to maintain, more portable than the heavier generators and as I said.....the gas mileage on these bad boys are awesome. The only DOWNside with invertors, especially if you want to keep it feasible is that they don't push as much Watts as a bigger generator, but really, what are you trying to power? Fans, fridge, a few tellys and all the phones you can with some lights and you golden. Electric kettles and other high watt pulling devices aren't going to run with a normal household load, but these are small ammenties you should be doing with out in a scenario without power, so to use such on an inverter, you'd have to make concessions (Plug everything out and use JUST that) unless you want to buy a bigger one that costs more and the like....but yeah, rambling aside....Generators are easy to use and not nearly as scary as they may seem to be if you never used one for more than a few hours or even worse, been adjacent to someone operating one and you never bothered to peep how it's run, you just enjoyed the power.

Is the one I have since 2017 and I'm sure there are cheaper options with higher running watts, but as I said, plug in fans, the fridge, Telly and a game console plus loads of USB charging..this thing handles that well. Plus Westinghouse is a known brand and the customer service is decent compared to others I've had to try and get parts for.

Plus in terms of fans and charging, you should have already been on the battery powered fan wave along with Powerbanks/battery packs that keep your phone charged. But that's a whole nother beast of a post and this one has already gone on way longer than it should but I'm pedantic.

plus fukking rep!! This is exactly what I need!