Hurricane Dorian makes landfall in Cape Hatteras

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
A blocking high pressure system is expected to deflect Dorian toward Florida, but there is some uncertainty if the block will remain in place, forcing the strong hurricane all the way to the state. If the western nose of the high weakens, as some computer forecast models suggest, Dorian may turn north and Georgia or the Carolinas could be affected.

Another possibility is that the eventual turn to the north happens after Dorian makes landfall in Florida, or right along the Florida coast. The European model, for example, moves Dorian across Florida and toward the northern Gulf coast. If, on the other hand, the blocking high is stronger than forecast, Dorian would be pushed south, closer to left side of the cone and South Florida.

The bottom line is, we have confidence that it will turn north. But we don't know when that turn will take place in relation to the east coast of Florida.

So it looks like that pressure system will determine if it goes north to Georgia and South Carolina. Too many different scenarios at this time.
I live in americus, georgia. Is there a strong possibility we will be affected by this?

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
In Orlando hoping it doesn’t head out here. I might just head to Walmart right now and see if I can load on some water
I'm In Tampa and I'm stocking up just in case. I'm not trying to get stuck out last minute trying to get basics. I don't think it'll be too bad out this way tho